This hotel is old and in some cases it really shows - great location though. Updating rooms is tough and costly, I understand; however, certain things were not well done and out of date. Only a two gang receptacle behind the center night stand (one for the lamp and alarm clock) leaving no receptacles for a phone/pad charger or laptop power supply (the receptacle also was not secure making it somewhat dangerous to use). There are available four gang receptacles that will fit into a single gang box, very low cost easy fix to this problem - shame on Marriott (see Leviton 21254 series). Lamps with built in receptacles is also a simple fix, maybe more costly.
The new and appreciated "control TV panel/power center" was placed on the desk taking up much needed desk space for work. Although I appreciate the power center, putting it on the wall between the desk and TV would have been a better choice - also the conduit holding all the cables running to the TV was not secure with cables hanging out -sloppy. As this hotel has lots of meeting rooms, this is a business traveler's hotel, the desk is too small and adding the control center to the desk top was not a good idea.
The bathroom sliding door was exceptionally hard to move, tile and grout in the shower is stained and aged. The shower head was ridiculous, hard water damage and low water pressure made showering difficult - water temperature was good. The bars of soap really need an upgrade, after all this is a Marriott. I get better soaps at a HI Express.
Check in staff was excellent, very courteous and helpful. Front door bellman again very good. Elevators are slow. The Watercolour on-site restaurant was good with good service & food. Public areas are beautiful what one would expect from a Marriott - the lobby is beautiful, Lisa the parrot is adorable (sometimes loud!).
Overall, this Marriott does not fully live up to Mariott's reputation making the price per night a hard pill to swallow. I have been at this hotel several times even before it was a Marriott. I hope that Marriott updates its guest rooms and soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the beautiful Gulf Coast and enjoy a perfect trip in Clearwater Beach when you stay at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key . Our Clearwater Beach hotel's accommodations are all suites, in fact we are Florida's only all-suite Marriott hotel. We offer a special resort experience with suite accommodations overlooking Clearwater Bay, and we provide a casually elegant destination for a family trip or business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach On Sand Key Hotel Clearwater
- Marriott Clearwater
- Clearwater Marriott
- Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites On Sand Key Florida