We have just returned from a week at the Marriott which followed a week at Orlando. We arrived in the afternoon and were welcomed by the most lovely staff (MikeL and Sarah) who were so kind and friendly with my 3 kids. There were 7 of us in total and we had adjoining rooms on the 6th floor. My instant reaction when we entered the room was to be amazed at the stunning view. We looked over the Intercoastal and it was just gorgeous ... this was helped by the fact that we arrived on the 4th July and there were fireworks going off everywhere. A wonderful sight!!
There are so many positives to mention - 1. Fantastic staff who helped in every way they could. My kids took a particular shine to MikeL who was so kind and patient with them when they bounded up to tell him about what they had been up to that day. He made them feel very special. 2. The room was very spacious with 3 bouble beds (one a sofa bed). 3. View was stunning. 4. The location may not suit everyone but I liked the fact that at Sand key we were slightly away from the busy centre of Clearwater, but it was only a 5 min trolley ride to get there in the evening. 5. There are 3 or 4 great places to eat just along the boardwalk at the back of the hotel with shops to cover the basics. 6. Breakfast was tasty and there was a lot of choice. 7. The pool area was great for the kids and we never had an issue getting a lounger even at 11am or so each day... The food at the bar restaurant was fabulous.
There are some areas that could be improved. If you look closely the decor could do with updating in the rooms, the balcony door was stiff and the sofa bed was uncomfortable. An adult couldnt have slept there but it was fine for my youngest child. All these things though can easily be overlooked and are far outwieghed by the positives.
As an aside, we never had any issue with noise. Other members of my family were in the adjoining room and I know how loud they can be, but we heard nothing, only perhaps the sound of other people coming back to their rooms in the evening, but never a problem.
Overall it was great and we will definately return one day! Free wifi would be a nice extra :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the beautiful Gulf Coast at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key Florida's only all-suite Marriott hotel. Offering a special resort experience with suite accommodations overlooking Clearwater Bay, this Marriott is a casually elegant destination for a family trip or business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach On Sand Key Hotel Clearwater
- Marriott Clearwater
- Clearwater Marriott
- Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites On Sand Key Florida