“Just what you would expect”

Ramada Limited Clearwater Hotel and Suites
Ranked #81 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Just what you would expect”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

It is a perfectly nice place. Felt safe, and you get what you pay for. Not as bad as people claim and feel it had been hard done by some of the reviews. Perfectly average place to stay and low price :)

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Flameboy0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
hartford, ct
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I booked 2 non smoking suites for my family and myself. We arrived at about 11pm and there was a young boy working at the Front Desk who looked like he just got out of bed with a wrinkled shirt and bad body odor. He gave us the wrong directions to our room and had us walking around the buildings for 15 minutes. Our room was smoky so we asked to be moved. The young man gave us keys to another room which had no TV or fridge. The manager on duty brought us a TV and advised us that he wold bring a fridge in the morning. We were too tired to object. In the Morning, we woke up to our carpet wet from the AC unit. The continental breakfast was terrible.... frozen bagels, watered down orange juice, and water in the apple juice dispenser. The young lady at the front desk advised my grandmother that she could not take a bagel to my sick mother who was stuck in bed.

I really should have checked out early, but i completed my 2night stay, and left, never to return again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank agonzague17
connecticut
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I needed a place last minute and this was all that was available.
I walked in to register and the manager was sitting on the couch watching tv.
I checked into my 2nd floor room (no elevator) and found the room to be a flashback to 1975.
There is a kitcheny area where the microwave had mold on it.
The air conditioner is in the wall under the outside bathroom counter. So to change the setting or temp you have to get on the floor (i wouldn't take my shoes off!) to get to it.
The bathroom door is moldy and warped and I didn't use the shower because of what I feared was on the floor of the tub.
I really didn't get a feeling of "safe" and didn't sleep well because of that.
I should have guessed this would be the case for $55 a night.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
tampa FL
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Here is the letter i sent to the corporate office: I recently made a reservation at the above listed hotel for a friend of ourson Sunday May 15, 2011. When he checked into the hotel with his girlfriend, they left their bags in the room and went to have fun. When they got back to the hotel room around 1 am, they realized the room was full of bedbugs. They asked for a different room and when they got into the new room, they had the same problem. At one point the manager was picking up bedbugs and putting them in an ashtray.
Mike called me at 2:07 am (I have the phone records to prove it if necessary) to let me know they were coming home due to so many bedbugs in both rooms. Mike put in a complaint to the hotel directly by email and got a response a few days ago. He was told nothing like what he said happened and they would give him a free night stay (like anyone wants to go back to a hotel filled with bedbugs). I cannot believe a hotel within your chain would tell a guest that he is wrong and nothing happened.
We used our credit card points to reserve this for him and we feel since the room was not usable, we should get our points refunded or a cash refund. In the meantime due to their bags being in the room all day, Mike's bed in our house is now infested with bedbugs and we are having a heck of a time getting rid of them.
My husband and I fully believe we are entitled to a refund for the unused room. I could be also requesting the cost of the treatment so far for bedbugs, but I would be satisfied to either get our points back or a refund for the room.
We do hope we can resolve this issue in a timely manner without too many people passing the buck. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. I have personally read your Core Values and this stay (if you can call it that) doesn't fit in any part of those Values that your company promotes.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank debbieellicott
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2011

this building is in major need of total renevations from the ground up. the front desk help was not so bad except tryin to jack up the rate until i showed proof of my reservation.
the beds were quite comfortable including really nice pillows but aside from that the room was generally dirty and again in need of a good cleaning. i absolutely do not recomend this hotel at all.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank yellowbus101
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Do not stay in this hotel. The rooms are very dirty and disgusting. I did not find any roaches as per previous comments, and no bed bugs either, but while checking for them it is obvious that they do not believe in keeping a room clean. What I found in between the mattresses was pretty nasty...hair, dirt, dust, and even candy wrappers. There was also dust caked in the curtain folds. The floor was not clean, the bathroom tiles were old and the grout was moldy/dirty. When we check in the front desk clerk was asleep on the lobby couch. The room smelled musty. The A/C was old, loud, and did not work very well. Despite running it all night, the room never really did cool down. Had we not driven 16 hours on this particular day, we would have definitely found a different hotel. Also, at check out they tried to charge me a $1.25 for the room safe (an unanchored, small locked box sitting on top of the luggage rack...my child could have easily picked it up and walked out with it!) They did credit me the $1.25 though. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We stayed here last year & came back. We know it isn't the greatest place but we don't mind. We got a 2 room 2 queen suite for $62.99. Plenty of room, the br closes off from the front room, 2 TVs with all the cable channels. The breakfast is very basic. The hotel is showing its age and could stand some upgrading.

The comments about the road noise are correct. The hotel is a 'U' shape with the open area facing SR60, Gulf to Bay Blvd, which is a 6 lane main drag, so there is no getting away from the road noise.

The staff was very responsive to our TV & fridge complaints and quickly corrected them.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple