“so so, shows its age”

Ramada Limited Clearwater Hotel and Suites
Ranked #81 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We stayed here last year & came back. We know it isn't the greatest place but we don't mind. We got a 2 room 2 queen suite for $62.99. Plenty of room, the br closes off from the front room, 2 TVs with all the cable channels. The breakfast is very basic. The hotel is showing its age and could stand some upgrading.

The comments about the road noise are correct. The hotel is a 'U' shape with the open area facing SR60, Gulf to Bay Blvd, which is a 6 lane main drag, so there is no getting away from the road noise.

The staff was very responsive to our TV & fridge complaints and quickly corrected them.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2010

Over the years I have stayed at Ramada Inns. They are usually ok. This one is not so good. I stayed here a couple of times in different rooms. On both occassions there were bugs. I think they were what we call fruit flies. Very annoying. I stayed the second time because the rates were so good, it was convienient to the beach and has a nice pool and jacuzzi. I did not think the bugs would be in all the rooms. Of the two rooms I had I was wrong. The cleanliness and beds leave a lot to be desired. The last time I stayed I had an efficiency with an actual stove. When I opened the oven, there was a pizza sitting in it moldy and disguisting.
This hotel is not the worst and is good for a low budget stay in Clearwater. I recommend this hotel to young people who are on a low budget and don't care where they stay. It is on Gulf to Bay Boulevard, take a left out of the hotel and you will go straight to the beach. The staff is friendly. The continental breakfast is limited.
I live in Orlando and love Clearwater Beach. It is excellent, among the best in the state. From Orlando it is about an hour further than the east coast beaches but is much nicer. It has beautiful white sand, is wide and slops gently into the gulf. The area is compact. Hotels, marina, restaurants are all in walking distance practically anywhere you stay. The prices are beach prices.
It has parasailing, excursion boats, pirate ships, all the things you want in a beach except surfing. For surfers the Gulf is not the place to go. Once in the water the drop off slope is very slight. You can walk into the water a long way before you have to swim to go further out.
The city of Clearwater is just across the causeway. There you will find malls, shopping, excellent restaurands and less expensive accomodations. There are two airports, Tampa International is minutes away and ST Petersburg Clearwater is on the south side. The whole area has much to do.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluewaterdown
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Should have read the reviews before staying here! The picture have got to be from abot 10 years ago that the have online!!! It doesn't look like that, it's very old and crackey!! There are people sitting in their cars in the parking lot all day/night long! No clue what they are doing since the beach isn't that far away they could go else where! (shady businesses????) The hotel is located on an extremely noisey busy road, All night long you hear police rushing by. you can hear every noise outside!!!! People were up all night long yelling and screaming and management did absoultely nothing about it!! I mean for hours, about 10:00-2:00. Bathrooms are fairly clean for the rest of the hotel didn't stink nor to dirty, just misreprestented in the pictures. And impossible to sleep well with the traffic all night and people, you can hear everything inside the rooms. For the price I guess you get what you paid for but for one night it wasn't worth it!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2010

my family, four kids, two adults, stayed in 2 suites and it was worth it. i was alittle leary at first from the past reviews, BUT for the money we paid, it was great! the pool was wonderful, the staff was very friendly. our rooms were not at all dirty - it is an older hotel, but this location was near all the places we wanted to go. We were on the go, especially with children and this was perfect. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank 4kidsineden
Reviewed 29 May 2010

If I could give this roach motel LESS than a one star rating, I would. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The pictures that were on their website at the time of booking were very deceiving. We were surprised to see that the hotel rooms were in the back of the main building, motel style. The rooms were SO dirty and gross. Even after we were moved to another room, it wasn't much better. Our feet were black after walking on the dirty, disgusting carpet. The breakfast was a joke. For the money we paid, I would expect better. Seriously - stay somewhere else. I wish I had.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Recently my family booked two rooms at the Clearwater Ramada. Our stay was for 5 nights. When we arrived the hotel looked nice but the condition of the room was disgusting. We have small children and we made it a point to call ahead and ask for the condition of the room, knowing our children would be touching every part of the room. The room itself was old, the door was rusted and the paint was falling off, the bottom of the fridge was also rusted, along with the safe in the closet, the light above the bathroom sink was completely surrounded by black mold, the sheets were stained and had cigarettes burns, the AC did not work properly, the hot tub was broken and the pool was a mess. We peaked in through some room windows and noticed they had some rooms that were in Ok condition so we thought that maybe they could switch us. When I went to the front desk the hostess apologized but said she could not help me because they were completely booked and the pool guy had supposedly just cleaned the pool. I asked for new sheets and never received them. We complained about the AC and no one ever came. At one point we came back to the room from the beach and noticed the sheets looked cleaner, I was happy for a quick second until I noticed some milk that my daughter had spilled earlier all the way at the foot of the bed, It turns out all the housekeeper did was turn the sheet around, probably hoping we did not notice, but we did because by that time we had purchased our own sheets to sleep with that we just laid over what was provided. One of the rooms was also infested with these bugs that looked like roaches but had wings, we purchased ant and roach spray for that as well. The hotel missed the mark completely on hospitality, even with the basic phonebook, channel guide and bible that you can find even in the cheapest motel, was missing here. Normally I would have just checked in to another hotel but it was spring break and all the hotels were booked, plus we booked and paid earlier through the rewards program and had a no money back policy. So we were stuck and had to make it work. I also had my sister in law that we booked a room for, so we actually needed two. It was a complete embarrassment that this was the hotel I had chosen for the both of us. My stay was a nightmare! I have pictures to show mostly everything I mentioned. I just can not get over the lack of help to make our stay better, as if the hotel room wasn’t bad enough. This would be my first complain of any hotel I’ve ever stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Wow4girls
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Hotel was dirty. Refund promised by management...never honored because changed mind. Manager never available when called to cancel several days prior or to answer complaint on credit later on.

• Stayed: July 2009