“Fabulous property - great experience”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
toronto
“Fabulous property - great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We've been in town a couple of times, observed this hotel the first time and reserved it the second time. We loved our room with a massive balcony. We also took full advantage of the extremely well outfitted kitchen to avoid needing to eat all our meals in a restaurant. The pool area was delightful and the service throughout was excellent.

I took advantage of the spa while there too. It was excellent.

If you are going to the area I simply would not consider another property. We researched several others. If this one is within your budget (its not cheap) then don't look further.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jfmack
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for such a kind review. It is always great to hear about our guests experiences. It sounds like you really enjoyed your room and found the kitchen to be very convenient and the balcony to be very spacious. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our spa. We definitely recommend trying the spa you won’t regret it. I appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to your return in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
HAWTHORNWOODS, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

Spent four days over last weekend and the only thing that was bad was that we had to leave. The service was great. The beach was great . The pool was great and our room was large and very clean. We had dinner on our last night at the hotel and would recommend that if you are staying in Clearwater, this is the place to eat. My wife and I wanted baked clams though they were not on the menu, the chef came out and asked if we gave him 15 minutes he would make them for us. Some of the best baked clams we have ever had.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We're thrilled you had a wonderful time during your stay. It's great to hear our chef was able to make baked clams for you. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

My family just spent 7 nights at the Hyatt in Clearwater Beach, and I am so sad to have checked out. The property is located centrally in this great resort town, and though it is not technically beachfront still offers a perfect beach vacation.

In the hospitality industry every contingency cannot be planned for, so the true difference between a world class organization and a simply great resort comes to the management of difficulties that arise. When we checked in Saturday evening, Vladana at the front desk gave us the unfortunate news that the hotel was overbooked and the room type we had reserved was not available that night. We were booked into a comparable room and offered free breakfast for our stay and had no problems booking us into the suite the next night. We were then given a glass of champagne to sip on while the formalities were taken care of. This ruined my plan to self park my vehicle and save $4 a night instead of valet, since it got to my head after a long flight!

The parking garage is $20 to valet and $16 to self park. If you are not a good driver you may want to spent a the few dollars and have someone park for you, as it is very tight on the ramp up from ground level. The self park fee is cheaper than other parking garages in the area.

There are two wings to the hotel, north and south. The first seven floors are parking and the spa, so all rooms are on high floors and offer water views. Our first room, 1218, was overlooking the gulf and the pool. If you are planning on spending a lot of time on your balcony and do not like noise, ask for a room that is not in the pool area. The night spent in the room also brought up my only complaint. Though it hopefully is not permanent, the sound of the A/C units on the roof produced an awful frequency that made it difficult to be out there once the pool area closed and no longer had the water jets to distract you. Our second room, 1421, was just incredible, offering a balcony overlooking the marina and a separate overlooking the gulf. Modern furniture, including 18 chairs in total, (I counted...) a full kitchen with a toaster (!), and a master ensuite with a large shower made it easy to dig in for the week. If you are traveling as a couple without kids it would not be necessary, but if you like to spread out I'd say do it, and ask a room like 1421. The most important part is the HVAC noise is not audible.

The pool area was fantastic for families and small children. It did not seem adult oriented, but since I have a family with small children I can't complain. The kiddie pool (my daughter called it the kitty cat pool?) is shaded, fenced off and contains nice lounge couches and cool toys for very small kids. It is not a waterpark by any means but adequate for what it was; a place to allow your <3 year old to play safely while you chilled out. The poolside restaurant was well priced ($12 or so for a lunch entree), had great service and tasted great. I had fish tacos, my wife had the chicken sandwich and my daughter had the grill cheese, with the kids meal being the only one that was not impressive. Towel service stops at 7, so unfortunately you must go to the front desk if you go later. I wish I had known when I first made that mistake, because going through the hotel A/C dripping wet is cold! The pool area is accessed by elevators in both the north and south wing.

Though if it was not comped I likely would not have tried it, the breakfast at Shor was a perfect way to start the day. Kids under 3 eat free at the buffet and a meal for two will run you $55-$60 tax and tip inc. It made by feel wealthy to be treated every morning to the wonderful service for the staff at Shor. We got caught out of town and missed the night I planned to eat dinner there.

My wife visited the spa for a few things and enjoyed it immensely. I got the bill and and was equally impressed with the prices. I guess you get wine and chocolate.

The beach is accessed on a different elevator than the rooms and pool. It really is not hard to find, but some people must find it confusing as I gave directions a few times. You cross a small road, with a crosswalk for right of way, and are right in the sand. The area just north of the rental cabana is staffed by a lifeguard and was not busy at all the entire week we were there. In fact, we set up just south (to the left) of the lifegaurd tower each day and were assured that we were well watched with the young kid and that our stuff wouldn't be pilfered. Instead of paying $25 per day to rent a couple chairs and an umbrella, we brought a beach blanket and purchased our own umbrella and anchor for about $15 at Publix on Island Way, which is a fantastic grocery store.

One night we made our way up to the 17th floor to watch the sunset on the terrace. The gulf view was perfect, and had another couple take some family pictures. On the bay side the moon was full and high at the same time and made it truly magical.

Most importantly, I never felt like the hotel was trying to nickel and dime me during the trip. They offered attentive but not overbearing service that exceeds my expectations, which are pretty high. I would recommend Clearwater Beach to my friends and family, and am certain that after hearing me rave about the Hyatt they would not think of staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Corner suites similar to 1421 offer great views.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a wonderful and detailed review. I am pleased to hear that Vladana was able to make your first night as smooth as possible. This is something that was unexpected and we apologize for the mistake. It sounds like overall you had a fabulous experience at our property. I am glad you found your room to be well appointed. All of our guestrooms are very spacious and offer terrific views. Your feedback on our restaurant Shor is very much appreciated. We have a great staff that provides wonderful service. Thank you for your recommendation it is our biggest compliment. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Clearwater.

Savannah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

The room was very large, very clean and updated. It has a large kitchen and balcony. The pool was much too small for the large size of this hotel. It was on the 8th floor. It was too crowded and too cold even in the summer. My two teens jumped in for a minute and they never went back in again even though we stayed for 3 nights. It was not a very inviting pool. Going from the room to the car in the adjacent garage was a pain. One must go down to the 2nd floor, cross the lobby to get to the elevator on the otherside then go to the floor where your car is.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a great hotel! I travel for work and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in America, Mexico, the Carribean and Europe. This is by far, one of the best I have ever seen! Super large rooms. I loved the kitchen, as I like to prepare most of my own food. Kitchen included all appliances you could need; a cooktop, blenders, pots and pans, etc. Granite counter tops and a bar to sit at. My son went to Kidscamp at the Hyatt and had a great time. (While mommy got a massage!) Bathroom was also HUGE and gorgeous! We were only there 2 nights. I wish we would of stayed longer. Centrally located to beach, play ground for kids, Sunset celebration,charter boats, etc I just can not say enough great things about this place!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cherhealthcoach
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
I appreciate you providing such a terrific review on your recent experience at our property. It is always great to hear when our guests have an amazing stay. I am excited that you found your room to be well appointed. Having fully equipped kitchens in all our guestrooms makes it very convenient for those who wish to do their own cooking. I am pleased that your son was able to participate in Camp Hyatt. This is a great feature we offer for kids and they are sure to have a wonderful time. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back for a longer stay in the future!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We recently stayed 6 nights and I have to say I enjoyed every minute there. We had a two bedroom on floor 12 with a view that was so beautiful and a balcony that was spacious. The room was so clean and it was very quite, which was a plus. The room had a wonderful living area and full kitchen and the bathrooms were big and spacious as well. Great gym to workout on the seventh floor that also had a beautiful view of the side facing the bay area. Everyone was so nice and we didn't have to lug up one piece of luggage because there was always someone readily available to help. We also dined at the Shore, inside the hotel, the food was good and the Key Lime pie was to die for. There was only one thing that I didn't like and that was the parking garage it was just laid out awkward and there was a charge of fifteen dollars a day to park in it! After that there was another resort fee, and it really added up. Other than that, this was a dreamy vacation in a very luxury feel hotel I would definetly recommend it to anyone, and I plan to go back soon!

2 Thank Donna L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We had booked a room at another hotel which ended up being a disappointment, so we switches to the Hyatt. We are SO glad we did - beautifully finished rooms with all the polished upgrades and kitchen with full size refrigerator. Housekeeping will clean the dishes every day so that was a nice perk!
My only complaint is the 'resort towel' they provide, rather cheap quality and small size.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Kristell-N
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
I am elated to read that you had such an outstanding experience at our property. It sounds like you found your room to be beautifully appointed. Our guestrooms come with fully equipped kitchens which makes it very convenient for our guests. I will be sure to share your comments about the towels with the appropriate personnel. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon!