Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place is beautiful from the moment you walk in the lobby you are greeted with champagne. We were allocated a spacious suite with 2 beds and a sofa bed in another bedroom, full kitchen, lounge and dining area. The location of this hotel is amazing with views out to the gulf of mexico or the harbour, which are great from the roof top terrace which has a spa bath.
Room service was prompt, reasonably priced and delicious. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff, they were extremely helpful.
The only point that could do with improving was the sofa bed in our suite, it was so uncomfortable with springs sticking in our backs, were as the other beds were the most comfortable we had ever slept on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear dringster,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the welcoming we provide our guests upon arrival. Our two bedroom suites are spacious and offer guests stunning views of the Gulf. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the Clearwater area. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,555)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had a great experience at the Clearwater Beach Hyatt! The staff was professional and attentive especially when I had realized I had forgotten my blow dryer and they were immediately up to our room to bring one for me. The bad news is, the dryer didn't work but they immediately brought another that did! Upon check in they didn't have a king bed available for my husband and I so they sent up complimentary champagne and strawberries with chocolate to celebrate our anniversary. The view of the beach was beautiful and the hotel is close to a lot of things to do. We walked on the beach (which is literally a 1 min walk) and walked down to the other side of the round about to the little shops and restaurants. The pool and bar was nice and at this time of the year not many people were around which was nice. I highly suggest off season. Overall we had a god experienced and would definitely go again. On a side note, Busch Gardens is less than an hour away and Toms Pass (boardwalk near the water) about the same. Enjoy!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great amenities, pool and pool bar/restaurant.Perfect access to the beach and neighboring restaurants.Bedding and lines were in great condition and the bathroom toiletries are of excellent quality.The staff are very helpful and appreciate your business/visit.

Room Tip: South facing rooms face Sand Key with a nice view of the surf .
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi CarolW617,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your time as our guest. I am glad you enjoyed the drinks at SHOR & SWIM. Our Hyatt Grand Beds are the most comfortable beds I have enjoyed during my travels. It will be my pleasure to welcome you as our guest on your next visit to Clearwater Beach. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband & I recently returned from our 4th stay at the Hyatt Regency. Upon arriving around 2 pm, the hotel was full due to several weddings, so we did have to wait for our room to be ready. When we got to our room it was overlooking the pool, the one place we did not want to be. We went back downstairs & spoke to Nick, who quickly made some changes to accommodate our request and we were pleased with the new room. The only request they did not fulfill at that time was a king bed, but when a 2 bedroom suite became available 2 days later, we were accommodated with no additional charges. This hotel is beautiful and the view overlooking the gulf from your balcony is breathtaking and so relaxing. All employees here are very personable & strive to make your stay a memorable one. Thanks to all, especially Jessie & Nick for taking good care of us. We are planning to return in March.

Room Tip: A 1 or 2 bedroom suite on a higher floor is best. If overlooking the pool, you definitely want a h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda M,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the wonderful gulf view from your room. Nick & Jessie will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced, as I am delighted they were able to ensure your stay was one you will not forget. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your return visit in March.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sister and I just got back from staying at the Hyatt and we cannot say enough good things about The Hyatt. The hotel is on the beach, centrally located and surrounded by restaurants, the pier, and shops, and has everything you need right there if you never want to leave. The rooms are tastefully decorated, exceptionally clean, large, and have the most comfortable beds and great patios. The hotel has a spa, swimming pool, bar, and excellent restaurant. We did not use the spa or pool, but we ate at the restaurant and visited the bar. The staff everywhere is happy, courteous, and helpful. We even commented it on it to one worker and she raved about how much the hotel cares about its employees. If only other companies would get that. The happiness showed and it was just icing on the cake for our stay. When we asked for something or went somewhere in the hotel, staff responded in mere minutes. Everywhere in the hotel is clean and smells clean. Everyone is smiling. I love this hotel and wish it were in other states - it is the best I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I do not think there could be a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dsrnorwalk
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hi dsrnorwalk!

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am excited to learn how much you enjoyed our location. Being next to the beach gives our guests the opportunity to relax right by the water just steps from our front doors. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced while you were our guest. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the Clearwater area.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

As a long time fan of the other two, I was absolutely blown away by this hotel. I don't even know where to start.
I was so impressed, I booked 2 more stays before departing the hotel
Check in - extremely fast and friendly
Personal touch - it was a special occasion and they missed nothing, from the flowers on the table for lunch to the champagne in the room
Food - Restaurant has a beautiful view, great menu and carefully prepared food
Room Service - Fast, accurate and friendly
The rooms - spotless, comfortable and HUGE
The patio was bigger than most hotel rooms
Everything in the room worked (if you travel often, you know this doesn't always happen)
The full service spa is reasonably priced
The pool area is private, with great service from the bar and very comfortable

I can't wait until my next stay

Room Tip: If you have the means or if you need to save up to do it, I recommend a corner suite. The beach vie...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hi 2tired2choose,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your time as our guest on your first visit to our resort. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful level of service you experienced. I noticed you stated you will be returning for two upcoming stays and I want to thank you for this. It will be our pleasure to continue to welcome you back as our guest. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as a relaxing end to a 2 week holiday in Orlando.

The location is perfect, almost right on the beach (via a small road).
The room (2 bed ocean view suite) was amazing, huge, great facilities, great view of the beach and the area. So it should be at $385/night.
The free champagne on check in was much appreciated after a busy drive from Orlando...and it was actually quite good...the traffic as you hit the long road bridges over the water is very busy.
The check in is a bit Spartan, reminded me more of a budget hotel with their automated check in desks...although the gentleman on check in was very efficient and offered immediately to check me in when I went to the automated terminal.

The lobby and hotel areas are clean andpalatial. The pool and hot tub are great.

The surrounding area is very nice although we didn't get a chance to sample the beach as the temperature dropped to 75F...too chilly after 2 weeks at 90F!

Minor point re: parking:
Would be nice if the hotel offered access direct to the room floors from the parking but I can understand why they don't do it. We had to take an elevator the second floor and then walk across the hotel to get another elevator to our room on the 9th floor. we were in room 943.
The first 7 floors are a parking garage open to the public so I guess it prevents the public taking the elevator - perhaps they could control that via room key entry.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family