“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lovely hotel, stayed for a week in July, great service, very clean, perfect for the beach and incredible warm temp of the water in the gulf, we had a two bed room on the 11th floor and had no issues regarding the room and location, would definitely visit again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GraemeKerryInverness
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I am happy to see your family enjoyed their stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa. I’m sure the staff will be glad to hear that you appreciated their service and that you enjoyed the room and beach area. I hope you come back soon.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,555)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for my wife's birthday. We arrived before listed check-in time and were told our room was still being cleaned. Not a problem. Jessie, the front desk manager, ensured we were getting the room we requested, so we went to the Swim bar (the best bartenders on the beach) on the 8th floor to wait. Jessie personally delivered our room keys to us and then even sent up a small desert sampler plate which included a piece of the SHOR's cheesecake (my wife loves it), some balloons and a birthday card signed by the front desk staff, after we got to our room. The room was great, overlooking the pool and straight out into the Gulf. Gary, the concierge, helped with getting flowers for my wife on her birthday, even delivering them to the room himself! On my wife's birthday, she received a bottle of Sparkling wine, strawberries and bowl of chocolate sauce, and a card from the hotel manager and Director of Rooms, Atif. We had birthday dinner in SHOR and the food and service were exceptional , as always. Will, our server, even put a birthday candle on my wife's desert.The Camp Hyatt/Towel Hut staff were equally great. Even though we are without children, they included us in their popsicle treats at the pool every day (thanks Maria and Mariana) we were at the pool, and even let me stuff a personalized birthday teddy bear (a Camp Hyatt kids activity) for my wife (non-suprising birthday gift, she wanted one and asked them if I could do it). The staff here are amazing. So many of them did so much to make this a most enjoyable and rememorable stay. We will ALWAYS stay here when we're at Clearwater Beach!!

Room Tip: South facing rooms overlook a parking garage. North facing rooms overlook a ground level parking lot...
3  Thank R W
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for sharing this review of the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I was so happy to see you and your wife had a memorable stay for her birthday. I am sure the Jessie and the rest of the staff would be just as excited to see how much you appreciated their efforts. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lovely hotel, but extremely disappointed by lack of wi fi in my room. Wife and I planned on watching a ton of Netflix in the evenings on a trip without the kids.
I called before booking to be sure there was in room wi fi as it was between the Hyatt and the Hilton. Checked in today and wi fi is nonfunctional on my floor. Hotel says the routers are being switched out over the next few days but the tech support guys, who were very responsive,
seem unaware of that. Regardless, if I want wi fi, I can hang out in the lobby as it appears the job won't be done today or tomorrow. Second day moved to another room and wi fi only marginally better. The sad part is that PC access in the business center was just as bad.
Rooms are very nice and staff friendly, but if you need to get any business done or surf the web, get email this is not the place to stay.
Thankfully there was a McDonalds 100 yards away.
I tried to post this yesterday but lost my wireless connection!
Loud air conditioner.
The kitchenette was very nice.

3  Thank ICUDoc76
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was our second trip to Clearwater and we were very excited to stay at this gorgeous hotel again. The staff here is top-notch and it is obvious that management takes care of their employees as well as their guests. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite at no extra charge and actually got to stay in the same suite as last year. The pool area is wonderful and if you have young children, I highly recommend a cabana. The beach is gorgeous and family friendly. When you check into this hotel, you are treated like royalty for every minute of your stay. Can't wait to go back next year?

Room Tip: Two bedroom oceanfront rooms are lovely.
1  Thank Sherrill T

I am so happy you were able to come back to the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa and had a great stay. Thank you for commenting on the pool, cabanas, staff, and beach. I hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Family traveled back down with us from north and we booked at the Hyatt. Kids/teens across the street at the beach, sisters enjoyed the pool area on the 8th floor. View is breath taking and have awesome pics. The entire staff makes you feel like royalty. Room was beautiful and clean. Will always go back to the Hyatt!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for writing this review of the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. I am happy our staff treated you so well and you enjoyed the view from the hotel. I hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This property is a gem in the middle of Clearwater, FL - close to all the restaurants and right on the beach. The Front Desk staff is truly customer-service orientated (thanks, Jesse!) and they really care about their guests. The property is very well maintained; and, the rooms include a refrigerator and microwave, with a great view of The Gulf. The area on floor 8 is a great place to watch the sunset; and, the service here is outstanding as well. The only drawback to the property is that they do not have a designated floor (or floors) in the garage for guests, and hotel guests have to jockey for a garage parking spot with the day-trippers. Overall, and exceptional property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel, on an upper floor.
1  Thank seabri

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback from your recent stay! I'm happy to hear that the staff was able to make your stay very memorable. Please come back and enjoy the hotel again soon, we would be delighted to have you!

Thanks,

Danny

Reviewed 29 July 2014

FIRST THE BAD:

The hotel overbooked itself so our first night we got saddled with a single king bed for a family of four. The night manager was helpful, but her demeanor was less than desirable and she required a lot of prodding to give us a $100 credit and a single roll-away bed. They had already given out their full-size air mattresses and we were lucky to get the twin, frankly. However, the next day they redeemed themselves by upgrading us to a 2-bedroom suite, which made it more than worth a night of trouble. The 16th floor sky terrace and hot tub were closed for 4 days while they put down new paving stones. The free WiFi is pathetically slow at 1-1.5Mb, so consider paying the $5/day for faster service of bring your own hotspot. Parking is $16/day in the deck, or $20 for valet. Depending upon your booking agent, you may be hit with a daily resort fee. There are 3 different elevators: One for the beach and parking deck, another for the north tower and the last for the south tower. You will need to cross a small 2-lane road in the rear to reach the public beach, but the cars move slowly and the crosswalk is very noticeable. You'll have to bring your own beach chairs or rent them for $25/day from the city. No DVD player in the room or HD cable. Pool and hot tub close at 10pm.

NOW FOR THE GOOD:
The elevators are fast and responsive. The rooms are loaded with amenities: fridge, blender, dishes, dishwasher, coffee pot, microwave/convection oven combo, sink, cabinets, cooktop. The view from the sky terrace is the best I have ever had in a hotel state-side. The staff are very friendly. The parking deck provides easy access. The location is nearly perfect: Across the street is the Beachside Cafe and two doors down is a McDonald's, next door is the Surf Style mega store. It's half a mile from the pier and the center of Clearwater beach. Lot's of shops and restaurants nearby. Beautiful property. The fitness center is the first one that I could get a good workout in a hotel. The 8th floor pool has a restaurant with pool-side or table service, and the food/drinks are good. Ditto for the main restaurant "Shor" and accompanying cafe on the 2nd floor. LED TV's are good, but the signal is not HD and the channel lineup is a bit limited. Beach/pool towels are provided, but only so-so quality. In summary, the property is excellent, the staff is great, and the location is superb.

2  Thank Andrew H

Thank you for providing us with your feedback for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach! I'm very sorry to hear that they were unable to accommodate your bed request for your first night. However I am delighted to hear that they were able to make up for it by upgrading you for the rest of your stay and that you were able to have a wonderful time with us. Please come back to visit us again soon!

Thanks,