“Great vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, oh
“Great vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for about a week and loved it. We had a small kitchen in our room which was great. Housekeeping even cleaned our dishes, yay.
The hotel is located on a wonderful beach and the hotel pool is amazing as well. Staff at the hotel and the pool bar are super friendly.

We def would recommend this location and go back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amalia F
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 November 2014
Thank you for your recommendation it is truly our biggest compliment! I am delighted to hear that you found your guest room to be very spacious and well appointed. Our spacious guest rooms come with fully equipped kitchens and balconies. We have a great location on the beach that offers spectacular views of the Gulf. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I held a meeting for a group of clients at this hotel in August 2014. This is a very nice property. The hotel is fairly new so it is very updated and clean. I did not stay the night there but I had no complaints from my clients about the rooms except one said the air conditioner was loud.

I want to say first of all that my catering contact was very nice and friendly and met with me prior to my meeting, which I always appreciate. However, there were a few issues with the meeting:
- The rooms were supposed to be paid for by my clients but they billed them all to my master account. Once the error was discovered, they took care of it very promptly.
- We were in a meeting room on the 8th floor. I do not recommend this meeting room for a group of 15. We were sitting U shape and were crunched. There was no space in between the chairs and the wall so if one person wanted to walk through, we all had to scoot forward. This room also opens up to a beautiful balcony with a great view of the gulf of Mexico. However, I do not recommend it in the summer as the air conditioner cannot compensate for people opening and closing the door. The door closed very slowly but even when they used the other door, just that little bit of air made the meeting room too hot.

The traffic from Tampa Intl Airport to Clearwater Beach is really bad. Make sure you have plenty of time to get too and from.

I would recommend this hotel to others for meetings, just keep these things in mind.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our family travelled from Orlando to Clearwater for the second part of our family holiday. Upon checking-in the receptionist was incredibly helpful and informative. Our room was beautiful; two bedroom suite offering incredible sea views. The service from the hotel staff was friendly and efficient. Overall if we could give six stars we would, it's a brilliant hotel and would highly recommend and would love to return soon!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
3 Thank 481JaneF481
HyattGuestRelations, hyatt guest relations at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Dear 481JaneF481,

So glad you stayed with us at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach this summer and had such a wonderful time with your family. Fantastic to know that you enjoyed a water view from one of the two bedroom suites. Best sunset views!

We do hope to welcome you back on another occasion. Thank you for choosing Hyatt for your vacation getaway.

Cheers to next time,

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights after spending 15 days in Orlando.
We arrived Wednesday early pm and left Saturday early Pm. Had a wonderfull time in Clearwater. Every single member of staff we met in the Hyatt was very friendly and efficient. Had a big, spacious room. Had lunch in Shor's restaurant when we first arrived and the buffet breakfast on 3 mornings. The buffet has an excellent range and we found it great value. $22 per person and they charge the kids the same as their age. I.e 11 year olds are $11. I thought this was a very good way of doing this.
The only downside would be the service charge at $25 plus state/county occupancy tax. However, it did include internet access and unfortunatety these resort charges seem to be increasing.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SEAB24
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Myself and my partner visited the hyatt after 8days in orlando. Upon arrival the check in staf we fabulous and very welcoming- needed after a long drive.

the room itself was flawless, extremely clean, modern and spacious. The view was not what we asked for however we spent little time in our room. The cleaners made a fantastic effort and clean thoroughly daily. The only issue we faced with the room was the sparodic wifi connection.the pool spa and hot tub area we also verybclean however we rarely used the facilities due to over crowding and oids taking up all the pool - to be expected in summer holidays

the staf on whole were accommodating and enthusiastic when dealing with our requests. The only bad experience I had was with someone on the valet desk who grunted and pointed to reception when I asked a queation. This was disappointing as everyone else was so helpful. In fact I was extremely annoyed, but decided to let it slip.

the food in the reataurant shor was lovely....over priced compaired to local restaurants but a much nicer dining experience so worth the extra cost.

overall we had a wonderful stay and would viait again should we decide to head back to clearwater. A sha, e about the one rude staff member.

Room Tip: Ask for a full water view room.
Green Features: Change of bed linen once every 4 days as part of a green project
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in August with the family. Rooms were clean, practically brand new. WIFI was VERY slow making it frustrating. they offer a pay per day service, which I felt was unnecessary when your paying this much to stay here. Steps to the beach, making it ultra convenient to stay here especially when travelling with children. Food and Drinks are expensive here, to be expected, but the seafood here is much fresher than some of the other restaurants in the immediate area. Would recommend staying here. VERY family friendly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your recommendation it is our biggest compliment. I am pleased you and your family had an outstanding stay at our resort. I apologize for the Wi-Fi issues you encountered. I will be sure to share your feedback with our management team. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Luxury hotel on a beach considered one of the most beautiful of the United States, however, charge fees for everything: pool, gym, jacuzzi, wi-fi, etc. Few options for internal restaurants. Fantastic rooms, as a flat, some some with two bathrooms, most with views of the pool and the beach, simultaneously. Particularly I do not think it`s worth the investiment

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family