“Rod and Carrie - the dynamic duo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dive Clearwater

Dive Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Clearwater provides SCUBA diving charters to dive sites in the Gulf of Mexico aboard "Just Plunger". Florida's gulf coast is known for abundant marine life and the longest running artificial reef program in the nation. Join us and let us show you what Gulf of Mexico diving is all about! "Just Plunger" is a Sermons built 32 LOA with a wide beam for stability and an experienced, friendly crew who go the extra mile to insure you have a safe and comfortable diving experience.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rod and Carrie - the dynamic duo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was my second time out with Dive Clearwater. I was in the area on a business trip back in December and came back in April. They got a bigger boat! They may not offer food during the trip (I didn't get any on my flight down from Minneapolis either) but you won't find better, more knowledgeable people in the area. Carrie is an amazing guide and finds the coolest stuff I never would have seen on my own. And when you surface she can even tell you what it all was. And so far, Captain Rod has brought back everyone he started out with. I'm staying an extra weekend on this trip so I can go diving with them again on Saturday.

Visited April 2013

Brandon, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time With a Great Capt and Crew!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Had a great time with Capt Rod and his Divemaster Carrie!! They treated me right and were safe and entertaining. The Diving was good and they both knew all the right spots on the reefs to find the critters. Had a spear trip with them and did not go away hungry, Capt Rod even filleted the fish for me!!! That was a very unexpected and VERY awesome bonus!!
Thanks again to the Capt and Crew of the Plunger!!!!

Visited August 2012
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Dive Boat in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Captain Rod has been running charters and diving in the area his whole life. He has an intimate knowledge of the dive sites and has a huge list of sites to pick from, both natural and artificial.. Other charters I have used in the area tend to go to the same sites all the time, usually man-made artificial reefs. The boats Divemaster, Carrie, is very knowledgable about dive safety and marine life and can guide your dive upon request. I have gone diving on the Plunger several times, and have always had a good trip.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Scott B
Ashburn, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Patient with a rusty diver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Someone said below this is a no frills dive boat. That's a pretty fair assessment, yet that is something I prefer. We did one wreck & one reef dive. I hadn't been in years, and Carrie and Capt. Rod both were exceedingly patient with me as I had a lot of trouble with my ears. But I finally made it to the bottom and was able to enjoy both dives. Carrie is a great dive master, knowledgeable and helpful. We also were staying right on Clearwater Beach, so it was very convenient to pop over to their slip for the morning trip.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Care824
Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Kind of disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

For the price I expected more, and I'm not that hard to please. I knew the visibility wouldn't be as good as Cozumel or other Caribbean locations, so that wasn't a disappointment. What did disappoint was that the boat captain didn't seem to care if you were happy or not with your dive. I specifically stated, when I made the reservation, that I wanted a wreck dive and ended up only getting a shallow, (60ft), bottom dive. The captain said it was because it was too windy but I have to call bs on this; it was a beautiful day with little wind. Also, I was quoted $125 when I made the reservation, equipment included so I didn't have to drag my own stuff there and pay $140 in baggage fees with the airline; when I got there they charged me $165 and said I had just heard wrong while making the reservation. The BC they gave me functioned okay, but needs to be retired; if I didn't know what I was doing I could easily have had problems with it. In short, I guess I just expected way more for the money. Won't be using them again when I go back.

Visited April 2012