“GREAT FOOD AND AWESOME CHEF SHOW”

Kobe Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Ranked #108 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was take to this restaurant as a birthday surprise. I was treated very special, With the call ahead reservations -(727)791-1888 - our party of four were seated right away. The service was awesome and our refreshments never got below half full and refills were offered. The food was prepared - for the entire table - right in front of everyone. The food was tasty and well portioned for everyone. The chef was entertaining during the entire meal. Great place to eat and wiil return. Recommendations: Call ahead for seating -727-791-1888 - especially on a Friday and Saturday evening. Tables seat about 8 people. Parking is not a problem. The phone number on the business card at the front desk is incorrect - so make sure you call (727)791-1888 for reservations

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We ate at a different Kobe steak house before and again the food was very good. This time around, our chef only did a few tricks, which was ok for us since we came for the food and not the show, otherwise I would have been a little disappointed.
The noodles very especially good

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Have eaten here a couple years ago on vacation and was back on vacation again and the place had yet to fail me. Have no complaints and honestly can not figure why it is ranked so low. Give it a try if you are up for some good Japanese food cooked on the table in front of you!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We made a reservation for 6 - they had a couple tables open before then, and there were 10 people waiting, but they would NOT seat us until 6. Weird. And then the table next to us sat EMPTY the whole meal, even though they had people waiting. It was the 4th of July. The chef starts off by making some whining statement about how horrible it is that he had to work on the holiday - great way to set the tone! So sorry we came to spend money at your business and keep you employed! The service is not good. WATER! PLEASE! good luck finding someone to get you one. Order all your drinks up front, as they dont' come back for refills forever. And the guy that took our order and brought our check and sort of served as a bus boy mumbled and everyone at the table had to keep asking him to repeat himself. Really annoying. drinks were weak. Very odd mix of vegetables and not that much of them compared to other places. Yet, they give you rice AND noodles AND potatoes (if you order beef) which is really really weird - who needs 3 starches? If you go as a couple, have one person pay the extra fee to have no starch and extra vegetables and you will still have more than enough starches to share. I upgraded my steak to a strip for an extra $6. It had NO flavor. Zero. Texture was fine, but if I closed my eyes, I wouldn't have been able to tell it was beef. My daughter upgraded to the filet for $5 - she has a slight beef flavor on hers. There are other similar places in town that aren't as "pretty" but have much better tasting food. If someone took me here, I'd order only seafood or chicken and skip the starches. But I wouldn't pick this place if I were the one choosing.

1  Thank samflorida34683
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Kobe is a really good place for Tepanyaki style cooking and the also have Sushi if you like.

Kobe is a place where I know the service, food, food and atmosphere will be consistently good and will meet my expectations.