“Like the service, food's okay but a little pricey”
Review of Yuki Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yuki Japanese Steakhouse
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I was at this place with a bunch of people from work, so I'm a little down on the ambiance (not their fault - blame it on work). I really liked the service, but who wouldn't with cute young ladies who are trying hard to make sure you get what you asked for. The menu is very confusing, but again, the cute young ladies help sort that out. So, my sashimi was very nice as was the roll. But the cost was a tad higher than I thought it should be for the meal. But, I will say it was all good with fresh fish. The beer selection was pretty good, but no good porters or stouts on tap. Maybe they don't go well with sushi / sashimi? I guess I'll never know...

Reviewed 7 November 2012

They were having 2 for 1 drinks when we walked in but didn't know or care really! While we were sitting there enjoying our margherita's, they served us some wonderful Japanese appetizer that we hadn't ordered (but we must have looked hungry). Based on that little treat alone, we decided to go back for dinner, yum!

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Husband and I are sushi freaks and this was one of our favorite places...portions were huge and creative. Staff was always very nice and prices were fair.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

This place is somewhat popular with the locals. It has good oriental meals - I just normally get the chicken and rice. It has decent but not exquisite Sushi (I am told - I don't eat the stuff myself).

Reviewed 11 September 2011

We went for my teen daughter's birthday. We made reservations to do the hibachi dining. First, I want to say that our dining experience was very pleasant. Our server was very nice and efficient. Menu items that she didn't know about, she found out the information for us. Secondly, our chef was very entertaining and the food was delicious and plentiful. We ordered the chicken, steak and shrimp which came wth onion soup and a salad. We also ordered two appetizers, the names of which I don't remember. They were also very good. The chicken, steak and shrimp priced at $21.95, the appetizers ran about $ 5.95 each. A small bottle of cold sake was also $5.95. These prices seemed pretty reasonable to me. The portions were huge. No free refills on pop which is bottled--no fountain drinks, but for tea-a sweet, raspberry flavored, or cold or hot green tea, there were 3 refills. $1.95.

But...as another reviewer pointed out, there is an odor in the restaurant. We noticed this immediately. It smelled like dirty carpet, but it became less noticeable once our food came. When we got in the car we found out why. My daughter's shoes were covered in grease. I mean as in dripping grease. The grill table must have been leaking. Do not sit at the second grill on your left when you enter!

Also, this is not a fancy, fine dining experience. It is located in a nice strip mall area, and the decor is simple, but not plush or elaborate. There was also no background music, which could have added a nice touch.

One last oddity. When they take your credit card, they produce a register receipt for themselves, but not a customer copy. Our server kindly WROTE one up for us with no problem.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience with good food. I would return here again. If mangement addresses the grease, the smell and the receipt issue, I would give Yuki a higher rating.