“A Home Away From Home”
Review of The Beachouse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
The Beachouse
Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Wantagh, New York
“A Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My daughter and I just returned from a few days stay at this lovely place. The owners, Helen and Bill, couldn't have been any more welcoming. We had originally reserved a studio accomodation, which would have been sufficient. When we got there, Helen offered us the larger one bedroom suite at no extra cost being that it was available and we accepted her gracious offer. She also checked on us the evening we arrived to make sure we had enough blankets and to ask if there was anything else we needed. This hotel was immaculate and very comfortable. The kitchenette had a nice size refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffeemaker and was stocked with dishes and silverware.
Some of the other reviewers complained because free breakfast wasn't provided or because the pool wasn't huge. This is not a commercial chain like Comfort Inn or La Quinta, so no one should expect the free breakfast that they provide. I've had the breakfasts at both hotels, and frankly, I'd rather make my own as we did at the Beachouse. Additionally, we were about two blocks from the beach, so why would we need any pool at all?
If you are looking for a clean, quiet getaway that feels like a home away from home,is within walking distance from the beach and other attractions, yet set apart from the crowds, I highly recommend the Beachouse. Thank you Helen and Bill!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank amp2857

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Killarney Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the beach house.First of all the positives.
Helen and Bill were very nice and helpful. A very nice homely couple.The accommodation was very clean.The location was great, quiet and had free parking .
Negatives were the accommodation was extremely basic, no shampoo, no security like a safe ( keeping in mind that all the accommodations are individual units with individual poorly secured exterior doors and windows on the ground floor ).
No guest information book. I found the hair dryer on departure when it was too late. Bill and Helen said on departure that I could have left passport, money etc., with them when we went to the beach and that the place was very safe which I found a bit bizarre considering their own accommodation on site had an alarm. Any way I would prefer my own accessible safe.
Also the pool is only for cooling down and not big enough to swim in. The advertising picture is quite deceiving .At a rough guess the pool was less than 20ft long .
Lastly we stayed in 3 different accommodations while in Florida. This was the only one without a breakfast, the most basic and the most expensive by far, When we left we got a beautiful
hotel suite with breakfast for 50$ less a night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqui B
Bryan S, Owner at The Beachouse, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hello Jacqui...thank you for taking the time to write your review. At the Beachouse we strive to provide a clean and quiet environment...with superior service...that is walking distance from everything that makes Clearwater Beach famous. And...from the looks of your review it sounds like we accomplished just that! As to your suggestion regarding a guest information book...it is certainly worthy of consideration. Although it is our policy to provide our guests with superior...person to person service...at check in as well as during their stay...maybe we should print something up. So...thanks for the suggestion! As for the blow dryer...I am so sorry that you didn't feel comfortable enough to ask where the blow dryer was...or that you needed one. We would have been more than happy to provide you with whatever you needed at any time during your stay. As for an in-room safe...I don't know of a single small property on this entire beach that has a safe in each of their rooms. Also, Bill was right. Clearwater Beach is a very safe place...especially our property. Because we are on the back street we don't have the noise or the traffic. If we should be lucky enough to earn back your business the next time you travel...simply ask us…and we will hold any item that needs to be secured. I think your next observation was regarding our photos...including the pool. I really don't know what to say about this. Our photos...as others have remarked in other reviews...are authentic. Our rooms are exactly as you see them. And the pool…as you called it...is an actual photo...and labeled a swimming spa…which is exactly what it is. Finally…as to your comments regarding our rates...we are very happy to compare our rates with similar properties on the beach. We don't think it is fair to compare us with a non-beach property...or a resort with the amenities that we do not advertise. I hope your trip across the pond to England was a safe and pleasurable one. We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review and look forward to your return someday. All the best…Helen and Bill
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband & I spent a great week at The Beachouse & the week could not have been better. We had a 1 bedroom+living room unit. A friend of ours came down to spend the week with us & she had a regular 'motel' room. We all thought The Beachouse was great! Helen & Bill are wonderful. You think you are in a B&B rather than a 50's Florida-style motel. The location could not have been better. It was about a 3 block walk to the beach.& within walking distance of restaurants, shopping & anything else one could want. The Beachouse could not be cleaner - it is kept in tip-top condition. Helen & Bill only rent to adults, so it is very quiet. We can not say enough good things about The Beachouse & will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindapurplelady
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My aunt and I flew down to Clearwater Beach last month for a short girl's getaway weekend. I stumbled across The Beachouse purely by chance in one of my many online searches for a hotel. Usually we book our flights and hotel through Allegiant as a package, but this particular week that turned out to be more expensive than booking flights and The Beachouse seperately. For that I am grateful, or I'd never have had the pleasure of staying here.
Bill & Helen are wonderful hosts! They are always around and available to answer any questions or provide recommendations. Helen was very patient and understanding when our flight was late and we arrived at the hotel past the time I imagine she usually goes to bed.
We stayed in a small unit that had a table with 2 chairs, small sink, mini refrigerator, microwave, and dishes. There was a living room/sitting area with a flat screen t.v. We requested a pull out couch, which my aunt slept on. She said it was comfortable and when I offered to switch her so she could sleep in a "real" bed the next night, she declined.. so it really must have been! The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable. The bedroom also had a nice size dresser which was big enough to hold all our clothes. It also had a large closet which we were both surprised to find. The bathroom was off of the bedroom and was small but cheerful. There was also a small swimming pool right outside of our door which we used one evening after a day at the beach.
All in all I just really loved The Beachouse. As this was a girl's getaway and we weren't travelling with our children, we both really appreciated the adults only atmosphere. If my husband and I are ever able to take a trip sans children, we will definitely stay here!
Last bit of advice, as it took us until the last day to realize this: the shortest way to the beach is to go right out of the hotel gate and up S. Hamden. It's a short walk to 1st street and viola - you're at the beach!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank silverxstarz
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a week at The Beachouse and it was the perfect location for us. We are in our 40's and were looking for something close to the beach and the spring training games.

Bill and Helen are wonderful hosts and are available to answer any questions. The inn is in a great location so you can walk everywhere. This was a big plus as parking can be hard to come by.

We booked the smallest unit which was the studio suite. It was one large room with a king bed, flat screen t.v., sitting area, table and two chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster. We like to eat out so not having a full kitchen was not an issue. The other 3 units are one bedroom suites with the same amenities. There is a one bedroom condo unit available to rent as well that is very nice and has a full kitchen and living area.

We enjoyed the quiet adults only atmosphere especially as it was march break and there were teenagers and families everywhere.

Overall we had a wonderful stay and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine W
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed at The Beachouse purely by chance having already booked at another Hotel. I cancelled my reservation at the pre booked Hotel (The Beachview Inn) which I believed to be both dirty and generally not very nice at all, and booked for three nights at The Beachouse (eventually staying five nights)

A superb quiet location, beautifully clean room was my reward for staying at The Beachouse.
The motel is a gem with the owners paying attention to detail by providing all the facilities which make all the difference when staying away from home.

Would I recommend this Hotel/Motel? yes absolutely 100%.
I would and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul H
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The Beachouse Inn & Suites is great place to stay off the beaten path. The Beachouse Inn & Suites only has 5 units. This means it is nice and quiet. It's only a few blocks from the beach and a simple walk to all Clearwater Beach has to offer. The rooms are very clean! The entire property is well maintainded. We stayed in the smallest room, but size did not matter to us. All the other units are suites or efficencies. We're beach people and only needed a place to sleep & shower. My wife & I went for a weekend getaway May 3rd through May 6th. If you're looking for quiet little place to stay while enjoying all Clearwater Beach has to offer, no need to look any further. Check out there website for images of their rooms & their great location. We'll definetly be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple