“Not as good as it was.”
Review of Casanova Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Casanova Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Myrtle Ave.
Transit: We are now part of the Jolley Trolley transit line!
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Ate here on Monday night, our second visit to this establishment. Bottles of wine were half price which was a plus! We started with Caprese salad which was very good once we added some salt, completely tasteless without being properly seasoned. The bruschetta was average. My husband's lemon veal was good. My linguine with mixed seafood was not very good. All of the seafood tasted over cooked.

Service was slow althugh there were only 5 or 6 tables filled that night. We heard the servers remark a number of times on how busy they were for a Monday night so maybe they were overwhelmed?

The summer menu felt limited. I missed the antipasta and pasta pouches from the old menu.

We will come back and try again. I just hope next time I am as wowed as I was the first time.

2  Thank jwillstp

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My friends and I found this restaurant last year while on vacation. This year we hoped they would still be there. They were and they did not dissapoint. The food was magnificent anf the service was wonderful. I would highly recommend this place.

4  Thank saturncmc
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Went on a Thursday night with 3 friends specifically to hear the live music (one of our group knows the keyboardist). They were very very good, choice repertoire. Business was so poor they shut down the music early. Food was good, I had mushroom risotto and the arugula salad (excellent), atmosphere very pleasant. No problem with our waitress. A bit far for us to go so can't say I would go again and slightly on the pricey side.

1  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We went to celebrate Brenda's birthday and we all eat good food and enjoyed ourselves.
Our waiter Enso made the difference he helped with the wine selection and got the singer to sing to Brenda and got a cake. The veal was special and the filet was the best.
Try this restaurant if you like great food and service with live music.

3  Thank Gerry J
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We heard a few months back that the restaurant was excellent, well, I don't know what has happened (maybe change of owner/chef???). We had the worst experience ever!
Garbage food and a rip-off. Tried to pawn off tough beef shank as osso bucco (veal shank). Terrible food and service.No to mention that the place was empty. ANOTHER FAILURE IN CLEAR WATER. Would never go back, and would not recommend to anyone with any food sense. Sorry but this restaurant will be closing its doors in no time.

5  Thank Mag C