“Great Aniversary Dinner”

Shor American Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shor American Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 755 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coronado
Description: Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Went to the Shor for the first time. My wife and I really enjoyed everything. The calamari was excellent. Our waitress Kia was truly a pleasant and wonderful waitress. The sunset along with great service and outstanding food make this a place that can be recommended as one of the top restaurants in the area. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Oh my where to start? From beginning to end this place was awful! We came for the locatipn across from the sunset, my elderly mom wanted to take us out somewhere nice as she was visiting us,, boy was I embarrassed! First of all they sat us in a high top and my poor mom has a bad hip, I told the hostess and she said it was the only place she could give us because we didn't have reservations but the place was less than a 1/3 full??? I kept asking but they kept insisting we sit there, I would have walked put but my mom was already so tired, then we waited 35 minutes to be sat in the dining area and the menu is extremely limited, I ordered the sirloin flank steak and chorizo potatoes and veggies, my veggies were no lie shoe string thin and were served in a tiny micro sized bowl, my steak was also micro size with bbq sauce smothered all over it! Tasted like Kraft bbq sauce too,, disgusting! Oh and my chorizo potatoes? No chorizo what so ever,, totally nasty, no one liked their food, took three hours to eat there it was soooo slow even though it was 1/3 full, the only thing that wasn't micro about our food was the check 290,00!!! For four dinners and three kid meals and a few drinks! Then when we got home my mom said they added another 70$ to the total,, the 290 inc gratuity, I had to call and get it straight! I really don't know how in the world this place can get any good reviews! I felt totally ripped off!

4  Thank Dreamsofriveriamaya
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We did not stay at the Hyatt so we only came by for breakfast. But the buffet was excellent ($22/adults -kids pay their age) lots to choose from and all well done. Service could be a bit better but over all everyone was pleasant and attentive. The yogurt portion of the buffet was my favorite.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a very memorable anniversary! We didn't like the table we were given because it was right by the door that the servers use to go to the outside table, but we asked to be moved and our server accommodated us. We had a high-top table at the window, with a gorgeous view of the ocean and we got to watch the sunset, it was perfect! Our server (Nate) was quick, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We had the mussels and crab cakes for appetizers, both were delicious! The head chef actually delivered our mussels himself and spoke with us about the crab cakes. The crab cakes are small, you get two of them, however, there is no filler, all crab meat and very yummy! We also had two entrees, the lobster mac and cheese and a salmon entrée that was a special for that night. Both were amazing! The best mac and cheese I ever had, so creamy and comforting and there was a lobster tail on top! The salmon was cooked to perfection. The food was excellent, the service was quick, efficient and friendly and the atmosphere was romantic, but also casual. The kitchen where the chefs cook is completely open and you can watch everything that is going on, very interesting. It was our anniversary and our server, the head chef and the manager all wished us a happy anniversary. Our server brought us a delicious slice of cheesecake for dessert with two chocolate truffles, amazing! The hospitality at this restaurant is top notch! I can't wait to go back :)

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We sat on the terrace facing the ocean. Lovely host sat us and our well informed waiter described the menu thoroughly. I had the red snapper with lemon caper butter and potatoes. Also had some shrimp and oysters. Everything was fresh. Even had a nice beer/wine list. This restaurant is connected to a Hyatt hotel. I would dine here again for sunset or maybe for lunch. Casual dress.