“A mixed bag”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baymont
Transit: The Jolly Trolley & PSTA Trolley both stop at our restaurant. Be safe and enjoy the ride! The Jolly Trolley covers all of Clearwater beach from Tarpon Springs, Downtown Clearwater and runs every 20 minutes. Just tell the driver you want to go to The Lobster Pot Bistro and he'll let you know when to get off!
Description: Casual dining in the center of Clearwater Beach between Hilton & Sand Pearl resorts. Bring the family, kids menu available. Something for everyone from burgers to Surf n Turf, and you can add a lobster tail to any entree. Live music from local musicians to enhance the experience Appetizers, Hand Helds, Entree's, Desserts, late Night and Catering Full Liquor Bar
Toms River, New Jersey
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Lobster Pot Bistro looks inviting from the sidewalk...white linen tablecloths, art work on the walls, and live music beckoning diners and drinkers inside. I went there with a large party of business associates for dinner, and the take on this eatery is absolutely mixed. Because our party was so large, we had a fixed menu, which offered a wide variety of appetizers, first and second courses as well as dessert. For starters, the calamari was excellent, soft and well seasoned but came with drawn butter. What? I had the shrimp cocktail which was presented well and tasted really good. The first course was a choice of salad (a salad is a salad) or lobster bisque, which was more bisque than lobster. Second course was a choice of three entrees. The filet mignon and king crab legs were standouts; the lobster tail (bland, bland, bland) and grouper not-so-much. Dessert consisted of key lime pie, which came with a caramelized topping which was most unusual but very tasty. Now here's the rub...the service was painfully slow. Out server, a cute vivacious young woman, told us after the first course that our dinners "wouldn't be coming out soon." Never heard that from a server. She was most conscientious in keeping us hydrated, yet we were there close to three hours. There were few other patrons in the restaurant, so the delay was surprising and annoying. They knew we were coming, so were their sous chefs off that evening? The restaurant looks so invitational, yet the food and service certainly leave something wanting.

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“They're Back!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My last review of this restaurant was not pleasant to write as it was an unpleasant experience. We did try this again on Valentine's Day and I have to say, it was a great experience, the food and service were excellent, and I will go back again.

Try the escargot. It was so good, I needed bread to sop up the butter. The lobster thermidore was outstanding. This was my first time trying lobster this way, and I am now convinced not to hesitate in the future.

Most impressive was they way an unruly group, who had obviously partied before their arrival, were discreetly handled and eventually ejected. This was done much to the pleasure of other diners who were not there to listened to the fowl myths of a few. Cudos to the manager and staff in the way it was dealt with.

When I say they're back, I mean it. They are back on my list of keepers.

Steenbergen, The Netherlands
“Good but small lobster”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

HAd a lunch here with 8 people. Main prupose was to eat Maine Lobster. Restaurant was very quiet. Were the only visitors. The lobsters we got were perfectly cooked but to my opinion (too) small.

Walnut Creek
“Good Food and Jazz”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice restaurant,we sat in the bar to be near the music, great jazz piano player. Good set, excellent singing voice and good rapport with the audience. We selected several appetizers to make a meal rather than ordering a large entree. Good food, nice atmosphere, attentive friendly service

• Visited January 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely lobster and music too”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

An intimate restaurant with nice table settings very attentive staff and the night we went (Saturday) live music. Our very friendly waiter made recommendation s so I had the lobster that he recommended and it was truly delicious. Beautifully presented food. I had a lovely Sauvignon blanc and my partner a. Malbec not quite as good, but acceptable.. All in all a very enjoyable evening. I will definitely go back.