“Go for drinks but pass on the meal”

The Brown Boxer Pub & Grille
Ranked #50 of 700 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Go for drinks but pass on the meal”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We always passed this place on our visits to Florida and decided to stop in for drinks one evening Followed by another visit for dinner...The bar staff was friendly and the service was good... The food was very good and the menu had a nice selection of entrees to choose from.. The waitress service was not impressive at all.. She was not attentive to keeping our drinks filled, did not check back to inquire how our meals were and she totally messed up my husbands dinner order... We were quite disappointed however we will be back again for drinks.....

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank HDSoftailgirl89

New Baltimore, Michigan
“Great food with a variety”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Im not a seafood person and also very picky. This place had the best variety of food and a great staff. Food was excellent!

Visited April 2014
Wisconsin
“Treated Terribly”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friend has a condo in Clear Water that we visit and we have been to the brown boxer many times during our travels there. We never had a bad experience until 1 night we went there for drinks (we usually go there to eat during lunch). My 2 girlfriends met 2 guys on a 'blind Tinder date' I was just there with an older male friend who was in from out of town. Well, the bartender comes up to me, this blonde bartender guy, He says "you should tell your friends to stay away from those guys they are trouble. Well, I minded my own business, and they were all on the other side of the bar taking shots. When MY bill game, the bartender put all of their shots on my bill, I said what is this about? He said that the guy (the one he said to stay away from) didn't order the shots, my friends did and they have to pay. My friend who is an older man, said don't worry about it I will pay the bill I want you girls to leave, so he pulled out his credit card and paid the bill. As we were leaving the bartender had the bouncer stop us, saying that we were 'gold diggers' and shouldn't have men buying our drinks then told us we were never allowed back in the Brown Boxer again. I just have a funny feeling that those guys my friends met and the bartender were up to something fishy and I don't know what, I enver experienced anything like this. I am not sure what to say about all of that, but if you can't go to the bar and can't have your friend, boyfriend, or husband that is a male buy your drinks I am not sure how you are able to run a bar business. A manager or owner should really be there to monitor their staff.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank enmichels
Treasure Island
“Third shot is the CHARM”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I went when they first opened and they had first day jitters and the food was not good, by my second visit things were improving and now with my third visit it is FIVE STARS ALL AROUND.
I had the buffalo style Chicken sandwich, very tasty and HUGH probably 8 oz or better with Onion Rings for $9.95...a steal. I am glad that they have turned around, great bar great food and down the street. 5 thumbs up!

• Visited April 2014
Waterloo
“Good late night atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We happened into the Brown Boxer one night when we were simply out for a drink & a late night snack. Convenient location a block back from the beach and in a strip amongst over restaurants and shops. Though busy, we got a table right away on the patio and were served in decent time. The soft pretzels with beer cheese were a great choice, highly recommend. Good service, good food; more of a sports bar feel, but appropriate for any group.

• Visited February 2014