Tampa Bay Grand Prix
More attraction details
Owner description: Tampa Bay Grand Prix is a unique indoor go karting facility with two locations in the Tampa Bay area. Locations are in Sabal Park in Tampa and the Ulmerton area in Clearwater/St Petersburg. Come and race with our electric Italian pro-karts that reach speeds of up to 50 mph! Our tracks are designed for speed and challenge. The Tampa location has two tracks with two completely different layouts. Compete against friends, family, and other racing enthusiasts. Our facilities use the latest and safest equipment and technology. As every race ends, you will have your own personal race results. Even as you are racing, you will be able to view your lap times from a projector screen located right on the track. Tampa Bay Grand Prix welcomes walk-in racers 7 days a week, and we also take reservations for corporate events, birthdays, and private parties. We have private rooms available for your special event. Enjoy our comfortable lounge area equipped with flat-screens for your viewing pleasure, and free Wi-Fi.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My Daughter took me to this place and it was exciting from the get go. the safety briefing very thorough and car chosen for me.
It was the first time I have done this and a bit confused when we started off as it was sort of slow.
and then WHOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHH we took off like a bat out of hell. the cars are remotely controlled by the staff. which was great. I actually came in 2nd place which I thought was very good for my first time.

I was also amazed that they have you're exact lap time and all sorts of other info on your stats.
They will also email those results to you.

A must visit place very exhilarating.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
in 11 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2013

These are by far the fastest go karts that my boyfriend and I had ever experienced! We went during the lunch time, which was cheaper, and we were the only ones there. I purchased one race for me and three for my boyfriend. By about lap 11, my hands/arms were killing me, but my boyfriend didn't have a problem. He actually LOVED it and he got to take a printout home showing that he beat me, which made him love it even more. I did think it was kind of pricey...$62 for 4 races total, but to him it was worth it.

2  Thank Tooshortgirl
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Who doesn't love go carts? Especially ones that hit 50mph. Now add in the fact that its indoors so no rain outs and you have your rainy day entertainment for the family. Its not cheap for the family to drive, but neither is going to a movie with 4 people and getting popcorn. There is a second track located in Brandon off SR 60 that has two tracks open instead of one in the same building. One for little kids and one for adults. Cuts down on the wait time, but once you get strapped in to these electric rockets its well worth waiting for no matter which location you end up going to.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I didn't race but watched a friends Birthday and everyone had a blast. For the room rental, cake, races for quite a few people it was expensive, but the mom that paid for it totally thought it was worth it. All ages loved it.