“Diving Clearwater”

Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving fun and adventure await you aboard a Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charter as you enjoy a great day of scuba diving the Gulf of Mexico. Our scuba boat charters and dive trips are designed to maximize your diving pleasure, safety and comfort. Serving the Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay Florida areas.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Captain Ryan and Dive Master Gage were great. I was in Clearwater on a family vacation and wasn't planning on diving so I didn't have any great with me. I rented everything. Gear was well maintained and in great condition. When we arrived at our first sight, as if it was orchestrated by our Captain, we were greeted by a school of dolphins. Once under water, a friendly sea turtle and some huge grouper sightings made the trip even more memorable. Thanks for a great trip.

4  Thank Jennifer H
in 6 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I found Tanks-A-Lot on tripadvisor and booked a day dive for my son who just got certified. Capt. Ryan so we easy to work with and assured me we would not go too deep for my son. Day of dive, we were greeted by Gage (the dive master) and he helped us unload our gear. The drive out to dive site was great, our dives were fun and relaxing and Gage was making sure our son did well and had a good time. Perfect for our son's first real dive in the ocean. I would recommend Capt. Ryan to anyone!

2  Thank Houstonmom2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Capt. Ryan and dive master Gage made our trip 22 miles off shore to see the Sheridan and Blackthorn fantastic. They are very personable, helpful, professional, and on top of our every need. When we arrived Gage came over to my truck and helped load our gear on the boat which already had our tanks onboard. After we pushed off and settled in for our 1.5 hour ride out we had our safety briefing. Seas were less than 2 feet and vis was 50 feet. Gage was always the first one in to make sure we were on the wreck. All we had to do was slide down the anchor line and we were on the site. Gage was also the last one on board. After the dives Capt. Ryan had watermelon and cookies as well as water for us. We had 10 divers on board and we had plenty of room. Great trip!

2  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Tanks a lot dive center is perfect. Captain Ryan and his dive master Gage are very helpful and willing to go above and beyond to make sure that your diving experience is perfect. I had two reef dives and two wreck dives. Visibility was very good and saw some big goliath groupers, barracudas and many other marine life. I highly recommend them.

1  Thank DanielJanequine
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2013

3 trips in, I can't say enough good things about the tanks a lot operation.

Sites: Every trip has been to a new spot so far, including a combination of massive artificial reefs and natural ledges along the coast (they also do wrecks). Although this isn't the great barrier reef, the diversity of life found along those areas has been incredible, with lots of interesting fish, corals, crustaceans, echinoderms, and an occasional shark. Pics from their facebook page can give you a quick idea on the diversity seen here. So far, Captain Ryan has gone 5 for 5 on selecting great sites based on the visibility, avoiding other vessels around, and surf. If he hits up a smaller ledge or reef, he'll usually move the boat for the 2nd dive to another reef or ledge.

On Board Experience: From the start, the crew is always happy to help you as little or much as you require for getting on board & setting up your equipment. The safety briefing is professional, the snacks & water are plentiful (often including fresh cut fruit), the crew is always happy to help defog your mask, stow away your bag, change an o-ring, share a Dramamine, and help you with your gear.

DiveMaster'ing: So far, DM Gage has been awesome at helping make the dives run smoothly. His photographic skills are awesome (as they post awesome underwater trip pics same-day online for you), and he has been pretty helpful with pointing out interesting marine life including a massive nurse shark on my last trip. He is always happy to help with removing fins (apologies for the inadvertent kick when removing last time), usually floats around underwater with the camera capturing the awesomeness of the dive, and was nice enough to recover my snorkel. Still, via facebook other photographers on my trips have been great at posting pics as well, helping preserve the memories.

Costs: Given how shallow the water is off shore, and how far we usually need to travel to get out, I'm definitely ok with the pricing (as of this review $80 for a 2 tank trip for non-wrecks, $10/air tank, $15/nitrox tank, $65 for full equipment rental package w. mask/fins/boots/bc/reg/wetsuit/etc..). Always good to tip the DM at least $10, making it a reasonably affordable day on the water. Parking is also free at their marina.

2  Thank OhHim