“The best dive outfit in the Gulf of Mexico”

Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving fun and adventure await you aboard a Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charter as you enjoy a great day of scuba diving the Gulf of Mexico. Our scuba boat charters and dive trips are designed to maximize your diving pleasure, safety and comfort. Serving the Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay Florida areas.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've used Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters for about 10 years now. Capt. Mike and Capt Heidi were the original Captains for this charter, then sold their Charter to Captain Ryan sometime last year. I've only dove with Capt. Ryan once since they changed over, but there was no decrease in the quality of the operation. They use a Coast Guard certified boat (only one certified by the coast guard in the gulf). There are several great dive spots in the Gulf and I find it much better than most locations in the Caribbean. This is mainly due to the over population of the Lion fish, that has destroyed the Caribbean wildlife. Although there are some Lion fish in the Gulf, it's not as bad. The best dive is the Sheridan, where you will see several Giant Grouper, walls of barracuda and many other species of fish and wildlife. There are many other dive sites that are great in the Gulf, that just happens to be my favorite. I've used other dive sites, and I won't mention their names. I will say that I've had another dive charter actually allow me to over shoot their boat on my return by almost 200 yards and refused to come pick me up. Prior to the dive, I had asked for a divemaster to guide me since I was unfamiliar with the site, but he refused to dive. He said he was not feeling too well that day. My question was "then why was he there on the boat and not another Divemaster?". I'm a certified PADI Divemaster but that doesn't do you any good if you aren't familiar with the site. They made me swim back, against the current, to within about 75 yards, where they then had a rope and flotation device waiting for me. This would never happen with Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters. They are professional and very safety conscious. Oh, one other thing. If you are interested in spotting and diving with dolphins, the Gulf is loaded with them and I've seen them on about 1/3 of the dives I've done. I have about 40 dives in the Gulf.

8  Thank mikemangers

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Captain Ryan is extremely knowledgeable and always creates a fun and safe experience for all of the divers I have seen throughout the area - old and new. This is one of the best charters for taking photos and seeing wildlife - as the charter usually stops at some of the best Gulf sites in Tampa. I recommend Tanks-A-Lot Charters to all of our customers and this is the BEST charter for brand new students. Accommodations, gear, tanks and anything you might need is always available, including a divemaster who can answer questions and guide you through the site.

5  Thank jllane
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have taken my son and my friends out for their 1st dives with TAL. I have been out with both Capts and different crews. These guys and girls are FIRST CLASS all the way. Their actions and attitudes leave no doubt that they love what they do. If you don't enjoy your dive with this outfit it's your own fault.

6  Thank Ronalld M
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We went on vacation with my husband being the only scuba diver in the family and decided to send him on this adventure solo and they took really great care of him. Not only do they make sure the divers are safe they take pictures of them to capture their memories at no additional cost! We will always have him set up to dive with tanks-a-lot every time we come back for sure!!

1  Thank BallFieldMama
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My 16year old son had just completed his diver certification in open waters of Oklahoma so I was concerned about him going on a dive in the Gulf with out me or his instructors. Ryan put me at ease & I am trilled with the experience my son had! Ryan even texted me to give me a return time & let me know that my son did a great job on his dive! Would defiantly send him again and maybe the next time I'll be certified too and can join in on this AWESOME experience!! There was plenty for me to do in Clearwater & Dunedin while he did his dive.

1  Thank Rebecca J