“Terrible food, maybe this place is hit or miss”
Review of Thai Spice

Thai Spice
Ranked #266 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My family has spent a lot of time in Thailand and we all love Thai food. My parents recommended this place as having "great food from very fresh ingredients". My fiancee and I have never had worse. The place was full and there was only one woman to serve everyone on a Friday night. It took entirely too long and the food was pretty bad. I rate this place so low because there are SO MANY better Thai restaurants in the area. The best being the Kind and I in St Pete, Bamboo Bistro in St Pete Beach, and Lana Thai in Tampa. But I've heard other people have much better experiences, so it may just depend on when you go and what you order. If it is a night they are OUT OF WHITE RICE, run the other way.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Thai Spice is a small restaurant in a strip mall. The food is very good. Hard to say if it is "best" but you won't be disappointed. Not a large place so when it gets busy there is a wait. The Thai spring rolls are excellent. Very good spring salad with peanut dressing. A very nice variety of meals - stir fry - pad Thai as well as house specialties. Portions are generous. Medium spicy will get your attention so go mild if you do not like spicy food. The service is friendly and excellent. I highly recommend Thai Spice.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Average food, average prices, average service.
Nothing's special here. Typical hole in the wall, strip mall, thai restaurant. I think someone has been stuffing the ballot box to win " Best of the Bay"

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We are very fortunate in the Tampa Bay area to have many wonderful authentic Thai restaurants. So when I heard that Thai Spice was the absolute best...I was skeptical. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. This is by far the best Thai food I've had since visiting Thailand. Here is the difference...all the ingredients are really fresh and cooked to perfection. We had the Shrimp and Scallop Panag Curry. The shrimp and scallops were huge. The sauce had the perfect blend of spice and sweet. The vegetables were fresh and crisp. If I lived closer I would eat there at least once a week.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Food is traditional Thai, well presented and well integrated flavors. Servers are very pleasant. Sometimes a little wait on wknd nights, as this is a small space. Worth waiting.