The $40 extra to have the hot tub is a rip-off. The hot tub barely fits one okay, two no go. The jets are awful and you can barely feel them when turned on as they have only one setting. The bathroom has no fan. You can hear EVERYTHING when someone is using the bathroom when in your other part of the room. The glass doors to the hot tub are so cheap that when you close the bathroom door (even gently) they re-open. The water pressure in the shower is truly one of the worst I have ever felt.
This was the worst in room coffee of any hotel/motel I have ever stayed in and I have had some dreadful coffee before visiting this hotel.
You can hear the outside traffic a little too much, so many sirens through the day + night back and forth, oh my gosh it didn't really let up.
Guests were common. Children talking or yelling very loud in the hallways even during the wee morning hours at 6:00 AM around when breakfast would start, this is the fault of the parents. Breakfast time showed a lot of how people act in a bad way (see below).
The bed was a brick hard firm bed, however it was a quality hard firm bed.
The complimentary breakfast was just okay, not great from the so many other reviewers praising this. The Waffles were pretty to look at after you make them from scratch yourself, however the taste is sub-par. You have 5 cereal boxes to choose from, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, a few yogurts, breads and bagels and an extensive selection of sweets. I noticed that most of the guests were very common: coughing without covering their mouth, grabbing as much as their bellies could take and no one leaving a tip for the poor staff at hand. The Juice machine for OJ and apple juice were poor but at least they have the milk boxes. I was hearing around that even the breakfast coffee was awful, I didn't try any however. The selection was pretty good, however the taste ...not so good.
I liked the Jacuzzi, very relaxing and clean.
Location about 6 miles from beach, keep in mind because of traffic you should leave for beach no latter then 9:30 AM on the weekends, starting in May & through July, otherwise expect long delays just to find limited parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater is conveniently located near Clearwater Beach, Tampa International Airport and Saint Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport. Free breakfast and Wi-Fi is provided with every stay. All rooms feature a mini fridge. Upgrade to a suite for a microwave. Guests enjoy the outdoor heated pool/whirlpool and state-of-the-art fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Clearwater Bayside Hotel Clearwater
- Fairfield Inn Clearwater
- Fairfield Clearwater
- Clearwater Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater Florida