“Clean, comfy, GREAT free breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Ranked #22 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
“Clean, comfy, GREAT free breakfast”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed July 4th 2014, 2 adults 3 kids. Pleasant, efficient staff. Our room was neat & clean (no bugs I checked the mattresses) the pillowtop beds were so comfy no one wanted to get up up the next morning. The pool and hot tub were clean. Lots of staff around the hotel (never needed them). The breakfast buffet was so fantastic I kinda felt like I should be paying.. That coffee was the BOMB!!!! We will definitely stay at this hotel again. The location is great - you're not far from the beaches, restaurants or shopping. Won't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1GmaS
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Clearwater!
Leigh Anne M., General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

ok...I should not expect much but I should expect better than this Marriott. It is old and stuck in the 90's. Time to update the bathrooms and the interior. I would expect this at a Super 8...However I don't stay at them. the desk I am working on is wobbly and the carpet is old throughout the hotel. I am not sure about the clean however, you have to wonder if the hotel is not putting back into the property. I will not be coming back.......

Room Tip: Quiet hotel.....close to everything
Green Features: nothing new to this location....I am not sure why we have to place 50 characters in this box when its a brand hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Steve,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Clearwater. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Please be assurred that we will be starting a full renovation in July that will bring a completely new and updated look to our hotel. I hope that you will reconsider and come enjoy our refreshed look once our renovation is complete.
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recently stayed here for the night after attending a concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall, which is conveniently located only about a mile away. The staff is very friendly and the hotel common areas are clean as was our room. Breakfast is standard fare of breads/muffins, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs and sausage patties and make your own waffles. When we were there the hotel was crowded but there was only one woman trying to keep everything going in the breakfast room, replenishing, cleaning tables, etc. As we often see at these breakfast buffets, little hands (and big ones too) making a mess everywhere, especially around the waffle makers.
The hotel should definitely provide some hand sanitizer/wipes in this area! The woman was trying to keep up with everything but it was obvious she needed help.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The pillows though definitely need an upgrade.
Noisy air conditioning also needs attention, but thats not uncommon.. The bathtub faucet leaked but otherwise the bathroom was clean and the shower was good. The pool and hot tub areas were nice and clean and the hot tub felt great. The hotel had music by the pool at a reasonable volume but some rude guests had to bring their own music and crank it up thinking all of us wanted to hear it.

The hotel needs to have an exterminator do something about all of the bee/wasp nests up under the roof overhang.

All in all, not outstanding, but a decent hotel. We would stay here again.

One of the staff said the hotel was going to be renovated starting in July.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Severalolives
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Clearwater. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, and pleased to confirm that we will be upgrading our hotel beginning in a few weeks. This upcoming renovation will provide a new, updated look for our guests, and I hope that you will come back to enjoy it. I will also be sure to share your conerns with my leadership team here at the hotel. Once again, I appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon!
Stella, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and helpful with dining suggestions and check-in. The breakfast staff was very friendly and put together a thorough breakfast offering.

The location is really good, and despite the roadwork and highway, there is no traffic noise and the grounds are very nice.

The hotel overall is in good shape and decorated very well. My room was in need of a little attention as there marks where some work had been done but not finished. The bed was a little firmer than I liked, but that's a personal preference. The shower & bathroom faucet was my biggest hang-up that had with the room. The shower had weak water pressure and the faucet had no real setting for cold water. Too far left was hot water and the far right was hot as well, but the middle was for tepid water.

The hotel is nice and the breakfast will be plentiful and will give you a comfortable & safe stay with a very friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also excited to share with you that we will soon be undergoing a full renovation in order to bring an updated look to our guests. I hope that you will come check out our new look on your next visit to Clearwater.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After reading some of the other reviews I thought I had stayed in another hotel. We got a friendly reception on arrival together with a goody bag. Our room and bathroom was clean and smelt fresh. As we arrived straight from England we did not have our bearings so the friendly receptionist gave us directions to find somewhere to eat. I have to say that getting in and out of the hotel drive was a little hair-raising until we got used to it and found ourselves going north when in fact we were going south!!. However, we spent six pleasant days staying here until we met up with a friend of ours who we were intending to surprise for his 60th birthday. I can't fault the hotel and its staff for being an excellent place to lay your head. The pool area and reception area were kept spotless. However, if there is one point to make it would be that the breakfast room was not large enough and whatever time you chose to eat there was hardly any available tables. Also it would be nice if the breakfast room could be utilised in the evening to create a small bar serving bottled drinks, beer and wine. There is only so much coffee you can drink and plastic cups!!!!

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us in Clearwater! It is our goal to provide excellent service to each and every guest. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I also wanted to share with you that we will be including additional breakfast seating into our upcoming renovation. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will come back to visit the area soon!
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Negatives:

The $40 extra to have the hot tub is a rip-off. The hot tub barely fits one okay, two no go. The jets are awful and you can barely feel them when turned on as they have only one setting. The bathroom has no fan. You can hear EVERYTHING when someone is using the bathroom when in your other part of the room. The glass doors to the hot tub are so cheap that when you close the bathroom door (even gently) they re-open. The water pressure in the shower is truly one of the worst I have ever felt.

This was the worst in room coffee of any hotel/motel I have ever stayed in and I have had some dreadful coffee before visiting this hotel.

You can hear the outside traffic a little too much, so many sirens through the day + night back and forth, oh my gosh it didn't really let up.

Guests were common. Children talking or yelling very loud in the hallways even during the wee morning hours at 6:00 AM around when breakfast would start, this is the fault of the parents. Breakfast time showed a lot of how people act in a bad way (see below).

Fair:

The bed was a brick hard firm bed, however it was a quality hard firm bed.

The complimentary breakfast was just okay, not great from the so many other reviewers praising this. The Waffles were pretty to look at after you make them from scratch yourself, however the taste is sub-par. You have 5 cereal boxes to choose from, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, a few yogurts, breads and bagels and an extensive selection of sweets. I noticed that most of the guests were very common: coughing without covering their mouth, grabbing as much as their bellies could take and no one leaving a tip for the poor staff at hand. The Juice machine for OJ and apple juice were poor but at least they have the milk boxes. I was hearing around that even the breakfast coffee was awful, I didn't try any however. The selection was pretty good, however the taste ...not so good.

Good:

I liked the Jacuzzi, very relaxing and clean.

Location about 6 miles from beach, keep in mind because of traffic you should leave for beach no latter then 9:30 AM on the weekends, starting in May & through July, otherwise expect long delays just to find limited parking.

Staff friendly

Room Tip: Rated as a 2 1/2 star Hotel, however no better than a 1 1/2 star motel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable visit while in the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your concerns regarding the jacuzzi in your room to our maintenance team. Regarding your breakfast experience, we do tend to be very busy, especially on the weekends. However, I will share your comments with my team, so that we can best meet the needs of all of our guests.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for the weekend for a short getaway. Very friendly check-in clerk. Clean room and a great rate. Close to the beach without the beach price. This is an older hotel, but seems to be maintained well. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 310 is quiet and faces the back lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Timothy,
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I also wanted to share with you that we will be receiving a brand new updated look during our upcoming renovation. We are very excited to showcase our updates and hope that you will come back to check out the new Fairfield look.