“Good location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights 10th July to 12 July after flying into Tampa. Excellent location about 15 minutes from Airport and 15 minutes from Clearwater Beach. Breakfast was yum so my teenagers tell me! Staff were excellent. Hotel clean and tidy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Joanna,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Clearwater. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is in a good location and easy to access from three of four directions. The exterior is well maintained. The lobby is clean and the breakfast slightly better than average for these times. The rooms are getting dated and could use some renovation/repair and painting. In general, an okay stay. Suggest asking for north facing west end for the most quiet rooms.

Bring your own pillows!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your visit, but I am happy to share that we will be undergoing a full renovation in the upcoming weeks. I hope that you will come back and experience our exciting new Marriott updates!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed July 4th 2014, 2 adults 3 kids. Pleasant, efficient staff. Our room was neat & clean (no bugs I checked the mattresses) the pillowtop beds were so comfy no one wanted to get up up the next morning. The pool and hot tub were clean. Lots of staff around the hotel (never needed them). The breakfast buffet was so fantastic I kinda felt like I should be paying.. That coffee was the BOMB!!!! We will definitely stay at this hotel again. The location is great - you're not far from the beaches, restaurants or shopping. Won't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1GmaS
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Clearwater!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

ok...I should not expect much but I should expect better than this Marriott. It is old and stuck in the 90's. Time to update the bathrooms and the interior. I would expect this at a Super 8...However I don't stay at them. the desk I am working on is wobbly and the carpet is old throughout the hotel. I am not sure about the clean however, you have to wonder if the hotel is not putting back into the property. I will not be coming back.......

Room Tip: Quiet hotel.....close to everything
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Steve,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Clearwater. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Please be assurred that we will be starting a full renovation in July that will bring a completely new and updated look to our hotel. I hope that you will reconsider and come enjoy our refreshed look once our renovation is complete.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recently stayed here for the night after attending a concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall, which is conveniently located only about a mile away. The staff is very friendly and the hotel common areas are clean as was our room. Breakfast is standard fare of breads/muffins, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs and sausage patties and make your own waffles. When we were there the hotel was crowded but there was only one woman trying to keep everything going in the breakfast room, replenishing, cleaning tables, etc. As we often see at these breakfast buffets, little hands (and big ones too) making a mess everywhere, especially around the waffle makers.
The hotel should definitely provide some hand sanitizer/wipes in this area! The woman was trying to keep up with everything but it was obvious she needed help.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The pillows though definitely need an upgrade.
Noisy air conditioning also needs attention, but thats not uncommon.. The bathtub faucet leaked but otherwise the bathroom was clean and the shower was good. The pool and hot tub areas were nice and clean and the hot tub felt great. The hotel had music by the pool at a reasonable volume but some rude guests had to bring their own music and crank it up thinking all of us wanted to hear it.

The hotel needs to have an exterminator do something about all of the bee/wasp nests up under the roof overhang.

All in all, not outstanding, but a decent hotel. We would stay here again.

One of the staff said the hotel was going to be renovated starting in July.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Severalolives
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Clearwater. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, and pleased to confirm that we will be upgrading our hotel beginning in a few weeks. This upcoming renovation will provide a new, updated look for our guests, and I hope that you will come back to enjoy it. I will also be sure to share your conerns with my leadership team here at the hotel. Once again, I appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and helpful with dining suggestions and check-in. The breakfast staff was very friendly and put together a thorough breakfast offering.

The location is really good, and despite the roadwork and highway, there is no traffic noise and the grounds are very nice.

The hotel overall is in good shape and decorated very well. My room was in need of a little attention as there marks where some work had been done but not finished. The bed was a little firmer than I liked, but that's a personal preference. The shower & bathroom faucet was my biggest hang-up that had with the room. The shower had weak water pressure and the faucet had no real setting for cold water. Too far left was hot water and the far right was hot as well, but the middle was for tepid water.

The hotel is nice and the breakfast will be plentiful and will give you a comfortable & safe stay with a very friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also excited to share with you that we will soon be undergoing a full renovation in order to bring an updated look to our guests. I hope that you will come check out our new look on your next visit to Clearwater.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After reading some of the other reviews I thought I had stayed in another hotel. We got a friendly reception on arrival together with a goody bag. Our room and bathroom was clean and smelt fresh. As we arrived straight from England we did not have our bearings so the friendly receptionist gave us directions to find somewhere to eat. I have to say that getting in and out of the hotel drive was a little hair-raising until we got used to it and found ourselves going north when in fact we were going south!!. However, we spent six pleasant days staying here until we met up with a friend of ours who we were intending to surprise for his 60th birthday. I can't fault the hotel and its staff for being an excellent place to lay your head. The pool area and reception area were kept spotless. However, if there is one point to make it would be that the breakfast room was not large enough and whatever time you chose to eat there was hardly any available tables. Also it would be nice if the breakfast room could be utilised in the evening to create a small bar serving bottled drinks, beer and wine. There is only so much coffee you can drink and plastic cups!!!!

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us in Clearwater! It is our goal to provide excellent service to each and every guest. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I also wanted to share with you that we will be including additional breakfast seating into our upcoming renovation. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will come back to visit the area soon!