We booked a room through Marriott's 800#, sight-unseen, hoping for something close to the water, but mainly looking for quiet & affordable. Fairfield isn't my favorite among the Marriott chains, as I've been spoiled by the others.
Compared to other Marriotts, this Fairfield is pretty good but unexceptional. Compared to other chains in the same price riange, it's very good. We had a quiet room, comfy bed, and no hassles.
The girl working the front desk at check-in was clueless and rude, as if this job was *sigh* SO beneath her. When I asked her where I should park and what side our room was on, she rolled her eyes and said "I don't know, I just started". Sweetheart, it took me 2 minutes and a floorplan to figure out where eveything was - do your job.
When this is how you're greeted, it leaves a bad taste and fouls the experience from the start. We DID get a quiet room, and that's what I wanted most. If a desk clerk with attitude is the worst part of an on otherwise decent stay, that's not so bad. But it's also not worth more than $100/night. The desk folks working the next morning were very nice. We skipped breakfast, not sure if there is one.
There are signs in the parking lot about not leaving valuables in your car, and I believe them. The hotel didn't seem to be in a rough neighborhood per se, but I wouldn't walk around here alone at night.
The hotel sits right at the end of the Causeway and the Bayside Bridge, which makes for a unique view and convenient access. We didn't do a lot of exploring, but didn't see many other hotels nearby. A few office buildings, otherwise it's a mostly residential area. Fast food, strip malls, and car dealerships are just down the road. Quiet waterfront is a minute or two by car, but that's just so you don't have to negotiate the large intersections by foot. Seems like there would be a lot of places to access the beach near here.
There are palms and spanish moss all around the parking lot, which was very nice. If I were in the area, I would stay here again if the price was right, and if they get a desk clerk who actually does her job and doesn't resent the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater is conveniently located near Clearwater Beach, Tampa International Airport and Saint Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport. Free breakfast and Wi-Fi is provided with every stay. All rooms feature a mini fridge. Upgrade to a suite for a microwave. Guests enjoy the outdoor heated pool/whirlpool and state-of-the-art fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Clearwater Bayside Hotel Clearwater
- Fairfield Inn Clearwater
- Fairfield Clearwater
- Clearwater Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater Florida