“Nothing a bulldozer couldn't fix!”

Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach
Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Nothing a bulldozer couldn't fix!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Booked at the last minute and when we arrived we were told we had been upgraded. To be fair the room was overlooking over the gulf and that's why we give it 1 star as everything else was dreadful.

Dirty, tired, smelly, worn out. Needs to be raised to the ground and rebuilt. Come on Travelodge you do better than this.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silverpalm_10
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Good Day,
Thank you for taking the time for your review. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to a beachview room. Hope you enjoyed the view..........We know we cannot please all our guests but we will always do whatever possible for them. Take care
Kathy & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Fruitland Park, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed in room 409 recently. I requested a view of the gulf and they came through The room was clean and very large. Pool looked clean but it was to cold to use. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. For the price I paid, I would stay there again.

As I stated, the room was clean but I need to say the the room needs some cosmetic updating. The wall paper by the fridge was stained. There was mismatched wall paper in the sleeping area. The electrical plugs by the a/c and tv would not hold my IPad charger but the plug by the fridge did.

Despite this corrective criticism, this is only one room on the property. In future stays, I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time for our review and your kind words. When guests book online we may not see their comments until the day of check-in. Most times their request does not match the room type they booked thru 3rd party web sites. I remember seeing your request and I am so glad I was able to upgrade you so you can see our beautiful beach.. I will also be looking into the wallpaper and the plugs with maintenance. Call us when you are ready to return. Maybe next visit you can get to see our beachview room with private balcony. Talk about a view............. Take care and remember we will be changing our name to Seaside Inn (same phone number)
Regards.
Kathy & team
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having a wonderful time, have another week to go. Staff is great, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Good Day,
It means a lot to us that you took the time for our review and your very kind words. It is great having you visit with us and looking forward to seeing you real soon. Your room will be waiting for you...
See you soon . Take care of each other
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I decided to book this hotel for myself and my 9 year old son as i wanted a nice quite relaxing time away from Orlando's theme parks. I paid a little extra for an ocean view and it was well worth it. The location was great and the staff couldn't do enough to help. My son still says the the beds were the most comfortable he's ever slept in and have to agree they were great. I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel again the next time I'm in the area. Oh and My son is still asks me to get him a mattress just like the ones at the Travelodge Clearwater.

Room Tip: An ocean view is well worth the extra.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cormo13
Good day,
So glad you and your son enjoyed your visit with us. I remember your son telling me how comfortable he was sleeping. There is nothing like a good nights rest. All our rooms now have the new beds........Calls us directly once you know your future plans. Best wishes to you and your family. Take care