“Great stay!”

Ranked #78 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Overall, this is exactly what I was looking for. It's nothing too fancy, but just perfect for what I was looking for for my dad and myself. A clean place. AC worked great. Pool was awesome too. The owners / management were friendly. Walking distance to just about anything in Clearwater Beach. If you want something fancy and are willing to pay 3x as much, pick a different place. If you don't have a lot of needs and are just looking for a clean, simple place to sleep that is near the beach, this is perfect. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Juan P
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy you stayed with us and are looking forward to seeing you next time.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 24 April 2013

You have to do everything yourself, get your toilet paper, water, towels. There is nothing worth staying here. There is no service. Go to the holiday inn. The pots and pans are old. The bedding is old. The people are slightly rude. It's unfortunate but you get what you pay for. They have so much potential but they choose to avoid it.

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank bkusz87

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My best friend and I stayed 2 nights at the New Yorker and enjoyed every moment. The room and pool were very clean and the owners were very nice. Only steps away from the beach! We will most definitly stay there again on our return next year!

Room Tip: We had room 115
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lisa M
Thank you taking the time to write a review for us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Please read other reviews. Can only think the one positive review must be the owner or a relative. Same bad experience for us and wouldn't have stayed there but for everywhere being booked up for spring break. We had been driving 7 hours looking for a place to stay and this was left. Had to haggle with manager for towels/ toilet paper and he seemed awfully busy outside our frosted un-blinded window every time i used the bathroom! Not a nice place or a nice man. Weird combo type thing in room sink/hob/fridge (see pictures) scared of being electrocuted whilst washing up. Very dirty hovel and would sooner have slept in car. Heed this warning!!

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank suzif72
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Nasty place, Nasty owner..Not sure why we gave this motel another chance for spring break. The place is a dump. No cleaning service, you have to get your own towels and toilet paper. We were told that the room 112 was the only one available, because the others were being remodeled. This year for spring break we asked for two rooms and got the same crap. The hotel is not kid friendly..AT ALL!!!! Our kids were told to clean up crumbs outside (are you kidding me??) our rooms don’t get vacuumed and I’m paying for my kid to pick up crumbs?? We got the same room and one with wet carpeting, so we had to walk on a wet bed sheet, 2 broken drawers, and the grill didn’t have utensitls for clean or cooking. The final day the freak says “You need to get that crying kid in the room because this scene here looks like child abuse” That did it!! We had words my husband came to my defense. We got a NICE room with kitchen three beds fold out coaches, pool across the street (This was the same hotel he bashed and said it was nasty) Stay Away

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank mjboruch
NewYorkerMotel, Owner at New Yorker Motel, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
There are a lot of inaccuracies with the review made by mjboruch on April 2. To begin, a month before their arrival the family rented two rooms, 112 and 109 because they had a large group. They told us there would be 10 people and we advised them that it would be over crowded in two rooms for them. Despite having so many people, they decided on their own a month before their check in day to book only two rooms. They had stayed with us previously so they knew what our rooms were like. Also, we were not remodeling at the time, we were simply booked full. Upon their arrival, they brought in two more people than they had told us. We do offer cleaning service, but they told us it was not necessary because they had too many of their own belongings around the room and it would be a hassle for them. The claim that we asked their children to pick up crumbs is completely untrue. Nothing like this happened. On the day before their checkout, one of the children was screaming in his stroller and the mother was not paying attention to it's cries. I asked her to take the child into the room to comfort it because it was an alarming scene. Her husband was quick to jump to her defense by physically assaulting me. He punched me in the chest and I had to call the police. The police told us I could file a civil suit against the husband for assaulting me but I decided to not do that and only asked the officer to escort the family off of the property. Overall, the reviews on this page are unbalanced and we have overwhelmingly satisfied returning customers. Many of our customers are international and elderly and thus, don't leave reviews on this site, for example.
Oshawa
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Will you dare to publish this review? We were very disgusted with the reviews on this page. we have been going to the New Yorker Motel in Clearwater Beach for five years and I couldn't disagree more with the listed reviews. We just returned from our stay there. I had broken my right hand und could not be more impressed by the help we received from Ed and his wife. Besides that, our unit was as always clean and we have no complaints whatsoever. The Motel is well kept and we will always return, as do many other guests that we had met over the years and I can say that I consider the listed reviews an insult to the owner and the guests that have been coming here for many years. The Motel is close to the beach and very quiet, which can not be said of all places. And we can assure you, we stayed for 20 years at Clearwater B. and we have seen really "bad" Motels. I hope you have the "guts" to post this review.

Room Tip: We always have room 111 and are happy with the location
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Renate T
Thank you staying with us for all these years and for the kind review. We value you as a guest and are looking forward to your next visit.

Gnadenhutten
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This hotel was gross and disgusting. As we were unpacking, we found a very large dead roach being eaten by ants in the bathroom behind the toilet. My husband took it to the manager and he said there was nothing he could do, everyone got roaches "once in a while." We paid for a week, and was there an hour. We asked for our money back to look for another hotel and he refused. We paid cash so it should not have been a problem. The manager yelled at our children for splashing in the pool, he yelled at my 70 year old mother for jumping in the pool and splashing, and when we tried to sit on the balcony and play cards in the evenings, he would turn the lights out on us. My husband finally gave him a piece of his mind and we left early. The manager/owner was the most rude individual I have ever encountered. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family