“Fantastic stay at the new yorker”
Review of New Yorker Motel

New Yorker Motel
Ranked #84 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The New Yorker was great! We made reservations a but later than we should have and made them for a short time than usual. The reservation process was quick and painless. The room was spacious and clean and a stones throw from the beach and plenty of places to eat. The only downside was the fact that the room had two beds as opposed to the one I was looking for but I'll chock that up to me making a late reservation. The couple that ran the establishment were pleasant and helpful. They even called me when I forgot one if my bags in the office. It is a smaller hotel but its right up your alley if your looking for a nice clean and cheap place in Clearwater. I will definitely go back regardless of stay length.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Ed and Bonnie

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We've just returned from our annual stay at the New Yorker Motel, this was our sixth year there. As on previous stays, it was great to be back and it suits us very well. We feel welcome by the owners, Ed and Bonnie. The Motel is located a few minutes from the most awesome beach, everything is within walking distance, the price is affordable and the unit as well as pool and surrounding areas are clean, well kept and comfortable. We hope to return to the New Yorker Motel for our yearly stay many more times.

Room Tip: We always stay in Unit 111
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We appreciate that you always choose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next year, it's always great to have happy customers back.

Ed+Bonnie

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Please ignore all the bad reviews for this motel as it is really not as bad as they say it is. The whole place is very nice and the rooms are very clean and fresh. The owner is very nice and doesn't just let any one book here. Don't smoke if you're not in a designated room and don't bring pets if you're not supposed to. Don't invite more people than you booked for or you will get kicked out. You also need to go and bring your own toilet paper and towels but its not the end of the world if you bring em yourself. Overall, great vacation stay and very good quality for the price! Please ignore the bad reviews since most are overly negative anyways and half- true most of the time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your post. It's great to hear from happy customers. Just to clarify for other readers, we do provide towels and toilet paper, we just ask that our guests come to the front desk to pick them up as we don't generally enter the rooms while they are occupied. We hope to see you again at our motel and thanks again for taking the time to write to us.

Management

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for a few days and make a trip to Clearwater Beach. First time for me and I was looking forward to it. He found this place on the internet and the pictures they use on their website IS NOT the way it really is. This place is a dump. Room was dirty and really outdated. The rugs were dirty and nasty. The toilet in the bathroom stopped flushing and thank God my husband fixed it because the biggest problem with this place was the manager. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. They don't tell you that you have to pay an additional $60.00 cash deposit on top of what you already paid for the room..just in case you smoke the manager said. My husband said we don't smoke but that didn't matter. He basically "escorted" us to the room but I felt we were being checked out and then left. It wasn't even 5 minutes later that he knocks on the door asking for more money for the next night. We reserved two nights. This was Memorial Day weekend and all the other places were booked. He tells us that check out is 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. They lock up the pool by 10 at night..yes..actually lock it up with a chain which is ridiculous. My husband and I were ready to check out at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday. No-one was in the office even though it stated they open at 9 a.m. We had to wait 45 minutes and then the owner shows up at 10:00 a. m. with his wife as if nothing happened. He tells my husband that we should have told him we were checking out early..what?? It seems that when a legitimate person gives a negative review..someone from "management" tries to make an excuse and that is all it is..a lame excuse. We went to celebrate our anniversary and Memorial Day. I being a veteran was disgusted by the lack of friendliness, cleanliness and customer service that was given in this place. There is a reason this place gets really bad reviews. THIS PLACE IS A DUMP...DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank M A
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We sincerely apologize for keeping you waiting for check out, but we are very disappointed that you let that lead you to trying to deface our business. We have had this small, family owned motel for 13 years and we work hard at what we do. I would like to clarify, however, that for memorial day, you actually received a steal of a price in comparison with what other motels/hotels charge. Also, the pictures of the rooms are in fact EXACTLY what the rooms look like; our rooms are clean and spacious efficiencies. As far as the security deposit, that is a standard practice not only in our motel, but many others, there was no reason to be offended by this. It was returned to you upon check out. We also require that guests pay their total balance upon check in, as do many other motels, so this is also just standard procedure. The manager did not “escort” you to your room out of suspicion, but merely to turn on the air conditioner for you. We are sorry if that also offended you. We do lock up the pool at night, not to be ridiculous, but for safety and insurance reasons. Finally, I don’t believe you have any right in making judgement on previous responses we have made to other reviews because you were not there. They are not excuses, just our side of the story.

Management

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Overall, this is exactly what I was looking for. It's nothing too fancy, but just perfect for what I was looking for for my dad and myself. A clean place. AC worked great. Pool was awesome too. The owners / management were friendly. Walking distance to just about anything in Clearwater Beach. If you want something fancy and are willing to pay 3x as much, pick a different place. If you don't have a lot of needs and are just looking for a clean, simple place to sleep that is near the beach, this is perfect. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan P
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy you stayed with us and are looking forward to seeing you next time.

The New Yorker Motel Management

Reviewed 24 April 2013

You have to do everything yourself, get your toilet paper, water, towels. There is nothing worth staying here. There is no service. Go to the holiday inn. The pots and pans are old. The bedding is old. The people are slightly rude. It's unfortunate but you get what you pay for. They have so much potential but they choose to avoid it.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank bkusz87
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My best friend and I stayed 2 nights at the New Yorker and enjoyed every moment. The room and pool were very clean and the owners were very nice. Only steps away from the beach! We will most definitly stay there again on our return next year!

Room Tip: We had room 115
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lisa M

Thank you taking the time to write a review for us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next stay.

The New Yorker Motel Management