“Believe the reviews”
Review of East Shore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
East Shore Resort
Ranked #1 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Being a skeptic on most internet reviews, I had some doubts that all of these positive reviews could be true. I figured something had to be up. Coming in with high expectations, it's easy to be disappointed, so I was shocked that not only were my high expectations met, they were far exceeded. My dad and I stayed in Studio 7B from April 30th to May 6th. I had the sleeper couch, and even that was comfortable. Even arriving somewhat later in the evening, the manager Lynn greeted us with a smile, took us on a personal tour of the site, and showed us the dock. And what a dock. I'm an avid fisherman, and I thought this dock might have a few junk fish and I'd have to go to Pier 60 or get a charter. Wrong! This pier is teeming with fish. I caught numerous nice Spanish Mackerels, Spotted sea trout, a big 4 lb redfish, tons of ladyfish, even whiting, sand trout, small groupers, and snappers. (Catfish are around, be careful, and pinfish may steal your bait, but the big fish make it worth the little guys.) The grounds are immaculate, the rooms are spotless, the dock has lighting that you can turn on at night if needed, there are lots of hoses to wash your hands, equipment, or clean off the mess from the bait, there are cutting stations everywhere, lots of safety equipment. The gas grill is very nice, and they have smooth rock/oldies playing by the covered sitting area. You also can enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets, we saw dolphins within 100 feet of the dock. Also, they have pretty much everything you need to cook in the kitchen. We brought down all sorts of stuff, but didn't even have to use it. Heck, we didn't even need our fishing net as one was waiting at the dock (they even have rope to tie your bait bucket to!) Lynn makes you feel like you're her only guest. We were fishing out in the sun and she even brought us some lemonade (thanks Lynn!) Also, gotta say the pool is great, temperature is perfect, no need to adjust to the water, it's great the moment you're in it. You get to interact with the other guests and within minutes you're having conversations as if you've known them your whole life. I really can't think of any downside to the place at all. We didn't get to meet the owners, but the care they put into their place made us feel like we met their personalities in how careful they keep to the details. I feel like this is just another one of those hard to believe reviews, but you just have to experience it for yourself. I figured I'd throw a few pics of my fish and the views to prove my point.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank psychoucda
esresort, Owner at East Shore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the East Shore Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated, and your photos were terrific. We’re so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. You may not know that the new 300 ft. fishing dock has a Florida #501 saltwater fishing pier license. This license allows our guests & friends from around the world to fish from our dock without the need or expense of a personal fishing license. Thanks for the kind words for our manager Lynn. We think she is very special too! Sorry, we didn’t get to meet you on this trip, hopefully on your next stay.
Billy & Terry Day

There are newer reviews for East Shore Resort

Reviewed 16 April 2011

We just had a mini family reunion in Clearwater, and staying at East Shore Resort was exactly what we needed, clean, comfortable, relaxing and friendly. Our group of 4 adults had plenty of room in a 2 bedroom unit. It's an easy walk to the beach, to restaurants, to the Jolly Trolley stop, but don't miss the beautiful sunrise before heading out each day. I'd love to keep this place a secret but it's such a nice change from the big hotel experience. Thanks Lynn for the lunch and other suggestions, Billy & Terry, I'm glad you were still there with Teddy!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We have been staying at East Shore since our daughter was 9 years old (she is now almost 26 with 2 little boys of her own) We always go in May but have also stayed in February and October. I would have EVERY holiday there if I could . Unfortunately, this year we are unable to go to Clearwater as we moved house and have to have a holiday closer to home which is, of course, a lot cheaper but we hope to be back at East Shore next year.
The motel is fabulous, a real home from home with everything you could possibly need in a self-catering apartment. They are always spotlessly clean and have good quality towels and linens. Furniture and appliances are regularly renewed. The pool and pool area are immaculate as well.
The motel sits right on the inland waterway and we introduced our 4 year old grandson to fishing last year - it was the best thing he has ever done and he can't wait to go back there. Just across the street is the most beautiful sandy beach, the sand is so soft and white and HUGE. There are countless fantastic restaurants. We love Frenchy's, Jimmy's Fishhouse,Island Way Grill, Salt Rock Grill and Bonefish Grill to name but a few and Maggie May's at Bellair can't be beaten for breakfast
We have met so many lovely people there and usually all have a big get-together in May.
Billy and Terri the owners are great people and it is always fun when they show up and Lynne, the manager is very helpful and easy to get on with.
If, by any miracle, I was to ever win the lottery, I would still have my holidays at East Shore Resort in Clearwater!!!

Room Tip: Watch the sun come up from waterfront apartments
  • Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank maureenbennett55
Reviewed 11 March 2011

All the positive things you read in the other reviews are true-spades and then some. Five stars doesn't say enough, should be six.
I just retired after 37 years of extensive US and international travel, requiring that I stay in 100's of different locations and in every conceivable type of accommodations. None have ever been more enjoyable.
Billy, Terri, and Lynn have turned this gem into the diamond of Clearwater Beach! Even though this was our first stay at East Shore, we were immediately treated like old friends. One morning they had a brunch that rivaled the one at Island Way Restaurant! You can choose to attend or not. The whole experience was similar to being at a fine restaurant with the most professional waiters - knowing when to be there and when to give space.
Facilities are modern and spotless. Could not ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ILOVEFL3103
Reviewed 1 January 2011

From the moment we entered our room 6N penthouse you couldn't help, but notice the pride of ownership, so very clean!!!! kitchen complete with full size fridge,stove,microwave and sliding glass doors just off the sitting area with a view of the lovely pool. Two 50 inch large screen TV's, one in the living room and other in the bedroom. The bedroom has one of the most comfortable beds ever, but the most spectacular feature was the gorgeous sun rise view right from your comfy bed. I would wake my husband up to watch and he never minded at all. The edging on the lawn looked like someone trimmed it with scissors. Every morning we would try to start our day with a coffee, sitting on the huge dock, watching the birds and planning our day, simply fantastic. The resort is within 5-10 mins of many good restaurants and shops. Clearwater Beach is just across the street and we would go for lots of long walks on that gorgeous beach as well as wallking up and down Pier 60. I would highly recommend this little oasis to anyone considering a trip to Clearwater Beach, oh and one can't forget Lynn the manager of East Shore, she was always there to answer any questions for us and help us out with any requests and we did have a few!! A GREAT PLACE and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kristine05
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We selected this based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. Lynn, the manager, really helped make the place a cut above the rest. Our flight didn't get into Tampa until 12:30am and she was still up to greet us at 2am. The grounds are well kept and the room was spotlessly clean. The pool was well maintained and clean. They have beach chairs and parasol to loan. The beach is a 10 minute walk away and very nice. For local food shopping there is a CVS across the street. The best restaurant we dined at was Bob Heilman's Beachcomber. Superb service and food. The local Segway guided tour was a fun way to spend two hours looking around Clearwater. We had a great time here and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pittsford2
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Lynn, the manager, sets a wonderful friendly casual atmosphere that sets the background for guests to socialize under the canopy near the bay. We met folks from many different countries and everyone seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. Jim, who takes care of the maintenance, keeps things ship shape and sparkling. We left with not just a great vacation but also with good feelings that we know couldn't be matched else where in Clearwater Beach. We hope that we will be able to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple