“Tranquil, fabulously located, good value hotel”
Review of East Shore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
East Shore Resort
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
orlando
“Tranquil, fabulously located, good value hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

From the minute we got there, felt very welcomed by the Manager, Lynn. She showed us around the neat 1 bedroom apartment we had booked, before asking for payment. The grounds are very well kept, with a pool, grill area and a dock facing the Clearwater Aquarium and a garden gnome to boot- keeping watch over everyone's arrivals. There is a use of a (free) laundry which was fantastic, although one has to be mindful there is another apartment ajoining this space.
It is walking distance to almost everything you would want to do in Clearwater Beach. The apartment itself, is small and neat. Probably the tinest kitchen I have ever seen, but functional and stocked with all the crockery and cutlery you would ever need. It even had a rolling pin! Fridge, microwave and stove, mean you don't have to eat out at every meal. The bed is comfortable, the pillows were terrific and the shower head in the bathroom adjustable to hard and soft pressure, just what you need after a day on the beach.
East Shore Drive is a sometimes busy road, but at night you are hard pressed to hear any sounds, very tranquil from your apartment.
We had a great time and like all the other people who have stayed and reviewedcoming here, (this was our 1st visit) we look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pacificindigo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This place was great. I choose this hotel based on the other reviews and I am so glad I did. From the moment we checked in we were happy. We stayed back in April in the 2 bedroom apartment right on the water. The rooms were great SUPER clean, nice sized everything in them you could need. The grounds are really clean and so is the pool. The owner was there he is very nice and you can tell he loves having the hotel. The manager was also great she worked so hard and was so nice and friendly, you can tell they love working here. It is about 5 minutes to the beach and many resturants. I just can't say enough good things about this place. So glad we stayed here. The only problem was trying to get my 5 year old son to leave, he still tells me he wants to move there. You won't be disappointed staying here. I will defintly be returning. Lets just hope they stay a hidden gem for all of us return customers.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Birmingham
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Took time out from the hussle and bussle of Orlando to have three days of sanity ! We stayed in a two bedroom apartment right on the water. Fantastic facilities and what a view. Managed to catch my boy's first fish... he is only 7 and managed to reel in a two foot long Hammerhead shark. Pool is wicked as are the staff , everything you need is there , bikes , fishing gear , pool fun stuff and everything within walking distance including breathtaking restaurants , pier 66 and all the fun outings from the marina. This is our finest family vacation and what a change from the multi national chains. Go for it , if you dont you will regret it !!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank HuntingPerfection
Toronto
Reviewed 10 June 2009

This was our first vacation since having a baby so we weren't sure what to expect. We couldn't have asked for things to work out better.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment/suite which had a king size bed and lots of room for a pack 'n play (which they provided for us). Having a kitchen and eating area made meals a breeze and the bbq area was so nice that we found ourselves grabbing groceries and often eating in. We brought a monitor with us so we could either sit and read on our screened in porch or lock the door and head to the pool (it was very close) while the baby napped. The pool itself was warm and our baby loved it!. The manager and the other guests were all very friendly and helpful.

The beach and pier 60 were only a short walk away (5 minutes) and there were restaurants and cafes in close proximity. We rented a car but only used it to get to and from the airport, to run to a nearby grocery store, and for a day trip to the Tampa zoo.

I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Medfield, MA
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I found this motel on TripAdvisor- without the excellent reviews I probably would have chosen a chain hotel. We were very happy with our stay there. We arrived at 11:30 pm (an hour later than we indicated we would arrive) and the owner met us outside to keep it quiet for people who were staying in the room next to the office. She was so cheerful and welcoming to us. The location is just a street away from the beach (a 3 min walk) and close to good shops and restaurants. The room was very clean and comfortable. There is a full kitchen also which would be great for a longer stay. One feature we thought was great was free use of a washer and dryer- however we were not able to use it because our key did not open the door. Other than that everything was perfect!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moxie08
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 22 March 2009

I have traveled across the U.S., Europe, Mexico, and the Caribbean and this has been the most relaxing, fun-filled vacation ever!
I stayed for a week in 7A for Spring Break, with my husband joining me mid-week. The entire property was immaculate and our unit was well furnished, and quiet. The pool temperature was just perfect and so clean. The Hibiscus flowers were taller than I was. Glorious!
The owners, management and other residents are all so friendly and helpful! By the end of the second day we all knew each others names and I was invited to join a pulled pork dinner on the patio. Everyone staying there was just great and gave me super recommendations for shelling, deep sea fishing, and restaurants within easy walking distance.
My husband and I went deep sea fishing for a half day, and caught so many fish we could barely eat them all. On a nearby island, I collected a basket of more than 20 varieties of beautiful and intact shells.
I looked around the area and this is definitely the place to stay. Not only is it in way better condition, we could borrow rods to fish off the dock, borrow sand toys or bikes, and of course the laundry is free.
I rented a car but next time won't bother. You can take a van service from the airport and once you get there, everything is within short walking distance including a CVS drugstore, shops, restaurants, ice cream, a two minute walk to a beautiful beach and Pier 60 just down the beach. You can a trolley virtually every where including a grocery store and liquor store (if you imbibe).
The relaxed and intimate nature of the community makes you feel right at home. Don't miss the street performers at sunset on the pier and the new beautiful beach walk.
Needless to say we will be back! Thank you, East Shores, for your lovely hospitality and beautiful little resort.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Connor11_7
Melrose
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I heard about East Shore Resort from a good friend, he was constantly raving about this place. I visited the Clearwater area in October and was able to get a room at the resort. The rooms were tastefully decorated and spotless. The grounds were manicured to perfection. The bedding and linens were of high quality. Everything about this place was first class including the staff who were ever so attentive to our needs.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the trip was that, given its location, the East Shore Resort is within walking distance to dozens of excellent restaurants and bars. The most beautiful beaches on the east coast of America are within 2 minutes walk from your door. I was blown away by the small town feel of East Shore. If you come here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple