“A Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

I booked in to the Rbb Tide on a recommendation from a friend and was not disappointed.
My partner & I and out 2 young choldren had a spacious 2 bedroomed studio which was well equiped, clean and spacious.
The pool was just outside our place and in full view at all times which meant that the children were able to go in and out without us worrying.
The owners were very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived when they helped with our luggage, let us view the accommodation before booking in, right through until the day we booked out.
I highly recomment this place for a good stay - just pray for good weather so you get the best out of the wonderful beach.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Newbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

The Ebb Tide - Wow! What a first time experience in Clearwater. Owners were great, friendly, polite, helpful
Shown my apartment before booking in and registering. It was clean, fresh bright and moments from the pool. My luggage was taken to the room for me and I was assisted with my purchases when returning from shopping.
I have already reserved for next year and will bring my family.
THIS PLACE WAS GREAT

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

Okay, so we got to this place and it was okay when we walked in but when we got there, the room was absolutely filthy and my mom had to scrub the door and the refrigerator because they were disgusting and they didn't skim the pool for like 2 days! Also, in the shower there was TONS of dirt and there was mold in the kitchen. Then, one day when we were in the pool it started raining and the floor was slippery and my mom was on her way to the room and she SLIPPED my dad called 911 and we went to the ER, she was there for 2 days and she was in a neck brace. When we got to the hotel, the owners didn't even come to our room to see how she was, and they didn't say anything when we checked out either! WORST VACATION EVER!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Beachgirl124
Taplow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

This is one of the best places I have been to on holiday. It is a family run business which is fantastic to see in a faceless corporate world of the hotel industry. The atmosphere around the place is brilliant and the staff always go out of their way to make sure your stay is the best it can be. The Edd Tibe is ideally based only being a 5 min walk to one of the best beaches in Florida and as a testament to my review I have already booked to go back in August and I will taking my girlfriend with me.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Bude
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

We really enjoyed our apartment, with a host family who made us feel so welcome. An easy drive or walk to beautiful white soft beaches and the pleasant town. The other attractions of Florida are all in convenient driving distance. We are returning in November for a longer vacation!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

This place is great. The staff treats you like you are family.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

You do not get hospitality like this ANYWHERE! Exceptional family owned and ran. We were referred to the Ebb Tide by a friend and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, cozy, super relaxing trip to Clearwater Beach, which is only a quick 3-5 minute walk from the hotel. There were families with young children as well as some older retired couples. The pool is always super clean and not too chlorinated. The staff goes above and beyond anything I've seen before, stocking the kitchen with supplies and super friendly. A couple of the elderly guests were gladly taken to a local grocery store so they could pick up a few things with no questions asked. You can tell some of the guests have come back 3-5 times or more. I would definitely recommend the Ebb Tide. I've read most of the reviews on Trip Advisor and am a little disappointed to hear the few negative comments. The family goes out of their way for thier guests. You don't find service like that anymore these days. If the Ritz is your thing then you should stay there, but if you want to feel comfortable AND appreciated, then stay at the Ebb Tide! I can't wait to come back in December with more of my family for the Annual Boat Parade! I hear it's a blast!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple