Unfortunately we chose to stay at these apartments from 26.07.07 - 11.08.07.
On arrival at the locus we immediately heard drilling. The sea wall was being upgraded and would continue to be so for the duration of our visit. Whilst my family appreciated that the work was essential and had to be done, our issues were:
1. Prior to arriving on holiday we were not e-mailed or notified in any way about the work.
2. On arrival no mention or apology was made by the owners for the continued inconvenience this would cause.
3. When we complained to the owners about the work (sawing, drilling, general noise) happening directly outside our bedroom window between the hours of 7am and 9am, we were told we were being unreasonable.
4. Whilst complaining my husband was diplomatic and calm at all times. However when he complained for a third time about the very early noise, on our second to last day, we were told by the female owner (Maria) that she could not understand what we were going on about and she was "too old" for our continued complaints and she would settle our bill and we were to leave the next day. This would have left us with one night to find accomodation . Alternately the female owner, Maria, stated we could stay for our last night if we stopped complaining.
Due to us being with extended family and young cousins that would have been upset splitting up, we reluctantly felt we could not let the children suffer.
5. It must be noted that while the owners failed to apologise once for the noise the work men did so frequently.
6 The owners of these run down apartments claimed that no one else was effected by the noise due to no other complaints apart from my extended family. However, whilst sat by the pool I heard three other families also complaining
7. Just like the previous entry on this site we too feel like the property is run down.
8. We found approximately 30 cockroaches in our apartment and most of them were alive. We were offered to have the apartment fumigated but the owners could not assure us it was safe for small children.
9. The A/C is useless and can not be adjusted for comfort, even though one of the Ebb Tide websites states the A/C in all units are independently controlled.
10. Some light switches did not work.
11. Towels are plentiful but small, stained and grubby.
12. One of our showers in our apartment did not work.
13. We stayed for 16 nights and got our apartment cleaned once.
14. The BBQ was so dirty you could not use it.
To summarise, the female owner (Maria) of this run down establishment is negative and defensive if you have a complaint.
On a positive note, if you can put up with all of the above, the pool was our saving grace, the view lovely and the beach was just a five minute walk away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ebb Tide Waterfront Hotel Clearwater
- Ebb Tide Waterfront Clearwater
- Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort Clearwater, Florida