“Motel and location are great for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachwalk Inn

Beachwalk Inn
Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Salzgitter, Germany
“Motel and location are great for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've been traveled several times to this place and i'm always impressed. Friendly staff, clean rooms and everything else such as the beach, bars or restaurants just a few ft away. All i've to say is: C-ya soon...

Marcus (Room 147)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcus M
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Marcus KC tell me you write review and I check and see lovely wide view picture of beach walk in front of motel here. Good photo skill to get all in 1 picture, I wish to use this picture can you send me at ritzresort@aol.com if you do not mind. You and friend welcome back any time never no problems, nice young man. I see you and your parents again soon. I know you not like to drink wine so I get you beer or polish vodka special just for you!

Veronika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for 4 days by the beach to relax and chill...and this motel was the perfect solution. Great value. View on the ocean, 50 feet from the beach, clean, comfy. For the price and location, you can't ask for more.

Now, if your looking for Clearwater and what it has to offer, it's perfect.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_vita
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you very much. I happy you happy with our motel. I chill bottle good wine for your next visit welcome back gift. Much appreciate your business. Welcome back nice customers anytime.
Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just spent the weekend at the Ritz Resort Motel and had a great time. They are located right next to Frenchy and Crabby Bill and across the street from the beach. They are a old mom and pop motel just like all the others used to be on the beach. If you are looking for a Hyatt or Hilton then this may not be for you. But if you want a clean motel with a small pool in a great location for a great price then this is it. The staff was great yet just like the old mom and pop used to be they will say wash off the sand if you come back with sand on your feet before going into your room and they have a sign that says time out chair for kids at the pool that cause trouble! Reminded me of the places all over the beach when I was growing up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Yes, we are one of the last remaining originial 50's Clearwater Beach motels. Most were replaced by luxury 300+ a night hotels, condos and townhomes. We not change - we stay - as we are. Thank You for nice review, easy for you come down any weekend - call me direct. Veronika
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family goes back 6 generations of Native Floridians, we spend our leisure time on both east and west coat This motel is clean and quiet. A great staff, very nice and helpful, make you feel like they really want you to enjoy your stay. The location is perfect. We also love to fish, and the Pier is walking distance. We even drive there after going to watch the Tampa Bay Bucs at the stadium during football season. We are from Orlando and will always stay at the Ritz, in fact we are planning a trip there real soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you Melanie for going out of your way to post nice review. I be blessed with many nice customers like you come time & time again . This be why we make it threw hard times and still here. I go out my way for you to next times you here I give you good bottle wine. Maybe my husband give you good shot of Vodka to. ha ha. Veronika
New Baltimore, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for the price, we got a great deal on a low budget vacation. This obviously isnt one of the hot happening hotels but it is in the middle of everything. We didnt drive the car once while down there and had the time of our lives. I would go back in a minute because what this hotel doesnt have, you can take a 5 minute walk to find it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank caityandjoey
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for nice review. One day people will understand - we ARE a MOTEL, NOT a Hotel. Yes, everything in easy walking distance and it it is a beautiful walk! Parking is no where free anymore, anywhere on beach. By time you find a place to park and pay to park, better option is to just get exercise and walk, or take Free Ride golf cart ( for tips) and N.Y Taxi & Limo has special anywhere on beach for just 5.00 so that is best choice to get around. I welcome you and lovely wife come back and visit - I give you nice room 5th floor Gulf end #50 Lovers Suite and have good bottle wine chilling when you arrive. You call me direct. Thank You - Veronika.
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our time frame was 3-6 April, we began by looking for a room several weeks earlier but everything was either full or coming up at $200+ per night...then this one came on my radar at around $403 for 3 nights right on the beach so we took it.

First impressions....1950s or 60s..tiled bathrooms and older windows and rusty air conditioners (but working fine)....dated but clean and a strong air of sanitizer...but Frenchys restaurant was next door and all the shops and beach and the uptown section was a nice walk...so the room served its purpose...it includes a refrigerator...an Insignia TV with an inconsistent remote - my girlfriend hooked up her cellphone with remote tv features for one night).. ( and CFL bulbs that sometimes need replaced...management throws in beach chairs if you get them quick and parking had no 'resort fee'...they do have a pool that was tempting..

Would I stay there again? Debatable...management is tightfisted...but the location and lack of other cheaper places would call me back...

Room Tip: watch eating ice cream...I gained 5 pounds in 3 days...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank J S
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
I always thank people for reviews, even if they call me "tightfisted" Please understand, yes all other hotels ON the Gulf, Clearwater Beach price is 200.00 plus for time of year you come. You try my job here.... not all families can afford Hyatt, Hilton, but still should have nice clean place for family Florida vacation. To keep our price lowest on ALL Clearwater Beach ( except for 2 old motels that just waiting for bulldozers- nasty) I have to be as you say "tightfisted" but at same time I spend several thousands to replace - upkeep etc... and older building cost more then brand new. So owners and I talk and we know what go on around us - in next year or two EVERYBODY be 250.00 - 300.00 a night. New hotel across the street by same people as Sand Pearl be 300- 400 a night. Understand - we could tear down and build all new, 10 rooms per floor, 15 stories. This is what we could do. Trust owner no problem get finance for 35 million new motel/hotel. But we have guests that been coming here for 20 years and more - every year. So we stay.... as we are, and most hope we don't change. Air condition - I understand you not understand so I explain. We on Gulf beach - A/C is sucking salt air thru vents all day - all night. You be rusty in two - three weeks also!!! Yes, we use energy saving eco light bulb. Next time you visit here - try stay at Hyatt, only 1 block away. They charge you 250.00 or more (more then 2X our price) .... PLUS then you pay to park everyday, 16.00 - 25.00 if valet, Also pay for resort fee ( 28.00 a day) to use pool and get two bottle water and newspaper - if you ask. Then you pay 3.00 for cup of coffee - and 7.00 for english muffin and egg. I think they also charge 10.00 for wifi password. They charge for every little thing, they be " tightfisted" with palm out for tip.... here, I include 1 parking spot with room, free coffee, free wifi, no silly resort fee to use pool. Newspaper 50 cents on curb....we are a MOTEL NOT a HOTEL! Peoples don't understand difference - I undertand.
new egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay for 4nts/4days. Room was very clean and location is wonderful. Staff were so very helpful... we were able to borrow a wine corkscrew and beach chairs, and they even made dinner reservations for us. Bed was so very comfortable, air conditioning worked perfect and best of all, the room was so so quiet! We did not hear anything from anyone above, below or either side. We did not have a microwave or stove, but did have a fridge and coffeepot which were both very helpful.
Tiny quirks, all sorta related - 1) room service came in for the first time the day before we left. You can get new towels but only if you go down to main office and ask. Otherwise you would have same 2 (very small) bath towels all week. Sheets were not changed at all. To me, they did not need it. I would rather save the water consumption. But if you have a thing about having clean sheets every night, it could be problematic. Nothing was replenished during our stay (b/c no room service), including t.p. We had to go down and ask for that too.
When we would leave the room, the deadbolt lock on our door did not work. We had to rely on the doorknob lock only. It turned out fine in the end, so no problem for us. We stayed during a busy week, so parking was limited... if you had to park in lot under building, you had to back out of lot to get out.
Overall, if that is all I can find to complain about, the place must have been pretty dang good! Yeah, the motel needs some updating but overall we loved our stay! We will definitely return. Thanks, Veronika and the man with recent mouth surgery!

Room Tip: I thought the large deck at the end of our floor (3rd) closest to the ocean was for everyone to use...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jo b
Thankyou for nice review - your room was a standard motel room, which does not have a kitchenette. But ALL rooms have at least a microwave, coffee pot and mini fridge. Dead bolt is not for you - not work because guests never get a key for dead bolt. Just for extra security at night when you are in the room and also maids do not have dead bolt key, only my husband who is maintainece man have key for dead blot. This rare - but if guest steal key and think they sneak back in for free. Not going to work - dead bolt locked till new regular lock replaced.You here at busiest time of year - but no excuse for not getting better maid service, I discuss and show your review to all maids. They should at least checked with you if you needed fresh towels, TP, etc... We do not change sheets daily unless customer requests the additional service. Next time you return I have nice bottle of wine waiting for you, and you stay in larger room with kitchenette. Please call me directly. Thank You again ~ Veronika