All reviews across the street room was clean great location mom and pop place within walking distance clearwater beach hotel motel view from the balcony small pool mini fridge enjoyed my stay kitchenette sand stove rates trolley
Reviewed 13 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ritz Resort Motel this past weekend. We really enjoyed our stay there. The rates were very reasonable and the location was perfect. The owner was very friendly and so were the staff. The room we stayed in was very nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are planning to go back again in a few months!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2008

My boyfriend and me came down to FL for the week and stayed at the Ritz Resort Motel. We had a lot of fun. The manager at the front desk was very helpful to decided where to go and what to do. Everything is so close. People were nice; the rooms were very comfee and clean. Since the new beach is open now, we had a great view from the balcony. We are planning to come down again in July. The managers that work there watch the Motel and make sure its quiet at night and I like that. It makes me feel safe. I recommended this Motel to my friends already.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abbeybaby
Reviewed 21 May 2007

This is a split decision about this hotel. It had some great things to it. The hotel is an excellent location, we arrived at night and when awoke in the morning and walked out of our room the view was breathtaking. The pool was so warm, the room was clean .

On the other hand, the hotel outside is scarey, it probably hasn't been cleaned and painted since the 70's, the elevators inspection expired in 2006. The pools walls were so dirty that someone had written wash me on them, although i did see the staff clean the pool every morning ,they just never cleaned the walls. The lawn chairs were dirty, rusty, and moldy. No one is at the hotel after 9pm if you need something.
When we were leaving our room one morning the housekeeper told me not to bring sand into the room since they had put new floors in. I wasn't dragging extra sand in but we are on a beach.
The bathroom also needed a little work.
I guess if you aren't spending much time in your room then this is for you, the location can't be beat, but it was a alittle scarey.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank lafprop
Reviewed 30 April 2007

we love going to clearwater every year, and we always stay there at the ritz . i have been going since 1997, with my family, it is great for long or short vacation with the family or just a romantic get away with your loved one... like we try to do every year..
is great in price, the rooms are real good and the pool is small but nice. what i like is that you can walk to everything there's the beach right in front of you and restaurants, gift shoppes,park and at night great entertainment at the shepards hotel they have food,tiki bar and the wave their nightclub wich is great.. is like being at key west just not that far away!! check out my pictures you'll see.
thank you for being great in service.... see ya next month
cuz this year we're going more than once...

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marianovoa1972
Reviewed 29 September 2006

I spent 2 weeks in August at the Ritz with my wife and two small kids. The service was great as well as the room. The people at the front desk were very helpful and offered discount cards to the nearby restaurants. I realized that we forgot to bring a blow dryer and asked at the front desk if they had a loaner. I followed the manager to a few storage rooms who finally gave up saying that their loaners “tended to sprout legs”. Though I ended up at the Walgreens nearby and picked up a cheap travel dryer, I was impressed that she made such an effort for me. Housekeeping was also exceedingly helpful especially when my daughter ended up stuck in bed for a few days with a virus. Extra sheets, towels,… no questions, no problems. I mean, honestly, one day the housekeeper came in with a vase of flowers from her garden!

The location is simply excellent, within walking distance of just about everything and the beach right across the street. There is outdoor entertainment up the street at Pier 60 that includes a couple playgrounds under roof for kids to play in and entertainers and tabletop vendors at sundown. There is no internet access at the motel (there is free wi-fi offered by the local chamber but the signal was too weak) but there is a very nice internet café nearby.

Kids cruising the strip on the weekend can get noisy but the local authorities are very visible and do an excellent job of keeping things under control. My kids and I had a great time checking out the hot rods that came by. By midnight everything is generally peaceful again.

On departure I kidded the owner to “take the money and run” if they ever got offered the major bucks that are being paid for properties on the strip. She firmly stated that they and a few other hotels and restaurants are committed to staying put. They are a family operation and continue to invest in room upgrades and keeping up the property. “We’re not going anywhere”.

As you may have guessed, I’ve been coming to the Ritz for some time. Over 20 years now. And my family and I will absolutely be back.

If you are looking for 4-5 star accommodations or a place to trash for spring break, I recommend you look elsewhere. If you want a decent beachfront motel in the middle of everything for your family to enjoy, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family