“Some Challenging Holes”

Congo River Golf
Ranked #3 of 15 Fun & Games in Clearwater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Congo River Golf! Play award-winning miniature golf at Congo River Golf. With eight locations in Florida to choose from, there's an adventure for everyone. It’s fun for the whole family! Experience tranquil waterfalls, mysterious caves, tropical rainforests, challenging golf holes and more as you follow in the footsteps of Stanley and Livingstone on an unforgettable African adventure. It’s fun exploring the Congo during the day and at night, under the stars! Search for lost artifacts, feed live gators, mine for gemstones and challenge your skills in the arcade. Birthday celebrations and group parties provide fun for all ages. Grab a putter and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
Dunedin, Florida
391 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 299 helpful votes
“Some Challenging Holes”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A somewhat active attraction for pre-teens. They get to focus on putting accurately and being patient. The holes have interesting decor. An hour well spent; but egress can be a challenge given the construction on US 19.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank DianneWheatley

Indianapolis, Indiana
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice scenery”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Because of construction and the way the streets run in Florida our gps didn't get us there without confusion. It's not in what I would consider the best location. The staff was friendly and I thought the scenery was nice. But a little pricey for me. You can print coupons off their website. I liked doing the scavenger hunt as we putt. There are baby gators, turtles and fish for your viewing when you enter. We paid extra money for our daughters to hold a gator. He slapped his tail more than once and my 8 year old got hit. We went during the week so it wasn't too busy. The arcades suck. We called ahead asking about arcades and was looking forward to playing some games. There's a small room with 10 or less arcades that's outdated. Some wasn't even working. If it wasn't for that I would have given it 5 stars.

Visited July 2014
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Fun Visit”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

While vacationing and celebrating my son's 12th birthday, we found Congo river on trip advisor. What fun for our family of five (15, 12 and 8)!! He was able to feed the alligators before we played. The greens were fun and creative. The scavenger hunt kept the kids busy when they weren't golfing. It rained a little while we were there, but we were able to stay dry on most holes.

Evansville, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Putt putt at it's finest”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Congo River for many many years, most recently with my wife on our honeymoon. I have many memories playing there. I have always loved the effort that went onto decorating the place. A plane crashed into the rock face, it's skeleton pilot dangling from his parachute, giant snakes...they really set the mood well. I would highly recommend this place!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ben_brassard_1
Clearwater, Florida
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“If you like mini golf go here”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Mini golf is good for any age, and Congo River is no exception. Probably the best part about is that when you're walking around it feels like your in the jungle. You're provided with a scavenger hunt and if you find everything at the end they give you coupons for next time. I also like always seeing the alligators. You can feed them but I prefer to just feed the fish and turtles because it's less expensive and just as fun. Congo River is the type of place that you could go to more than once but because it's entirely outdoors, it can be pretty sweltering most of the year (even though it's mostly shaded).

Visited July 2013