“Great Labor Day Stay”
Review of Sta'n Pla Motel

Sta'n Pla Motel
Ranked #44 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Ulli was wonderful and very accommodating even though we rolled into town late without a reservation. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the location was great, very close to the beach without all of the noise, and a clean pool. Great place to bring along your bicycles and ride to breakfast at the Beach Shanty or have Dinner at Cooters, our favorites. Next to the hotel is a waterway where you can be on the dock or fish. We plan to go back there and take others with us next time. For us, this will be a great little get away spot, we enjoyed Clearwater and Sta,n Pla.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbie n

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great , clean and quiet hidden spot behind the big hotel on the main strip.
Service was great and people friendly. It is a great place to go to after a day at the beach and relax. Short walk to the beach but away from the busy area.

I will go back and recommend it to family members.

Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had a great time at the Sta'n Pla. We had a one bedroom apt with a kitchen and I was able to use their boat dock for my boat. The rooms were clean and the as well as the common areas. A wonderful place to stay with family. A+++

Room Tip: Great little cottage in the back if you are bringing a boat.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I loved the idea of being steps from the pool and beach. Going fishing off of the dock, and waking up feeling the ocean breeze. I haven't been there since 1991! But I still remember getting there in the afternoon, running to get my swim trunks on and jumping into the pool. The owners treated you like family and were available for anything. I believe a Polish family owned it the last time I was there,( Walter and his wife) very friendly. Before that was a British couple (Martin and his wife). My sister and I would walk down to Capt'n Blighs mini putt golf just south a few blocks. We would go to the beach for hours and deep sea fishing once just down the road as well. Great restaurants and just waking up in Florida (I'm from Canada) for a week straight every morning was paradise. I hope to bring my kids there one day. Best memories of my childhood were of this place. I miss it very much.

Room Tip: We chose the room farthest on the right side of the building (South) on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Great location, only a 2 minute walk to the South Beach which is far less congested than the North end and pier 60.
The Motel sits right beside the intercoastal where the dolphins and manatee can be seen on occasion. This area also has outdoor tables and chairs along with BBQ facilites.
The rooms and facility are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. Ulli tries hard to accomdate with any request.
The new owners are making an effort to update the facility, and with a few changes would not hesitate to raise the rating to 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed at this motel for a fortnight in March. Rooms clean with plenty of space and privacy, with maid service available on request. Ulli and Michelle were tremendous with nothing too much bother for them. Any problems dealt with immediately by Dave, who always had a smile on his face and a weather forecast for the day. Would recommend this motel to anyone, who is not wanting to use big hotels.HAD A GREAT TIME in a friendly atmosphere. Hopefully, at our age, to be returning next February.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank alexanderpatterson
Reviewed 29 March 2013

If you are picky not for you. I could see they are trying to up grade. Stayed 5 nights and no maid service which is fine for me. I don't launder my sheets and towels every day, I shower. I saw needed repairs but nothing bad. The location is good and the dolphins came in the channel and gave us a show..very cool. Very nice couple taking care of things.
It was windy and cold 3 of the 5 days still had nice time. Will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo