“Awesome ”

Tony's Pizzeria & Ristorante
Ranked #161 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I ordered a pizza and Tony himself (the owner) brought it to the table. He was so kind and down to earth, and the pizza was a dream. Great people, great food.

1  Thank AMR1128

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Dominic was terrific, warm and inviting, playful and genuinely interested in a satisfying meal for us. Despite an expansive Italian menu, the pizza we had enjoyed before was the major draw. The $19 Forget about it Pizza boast: Pepperoni, Sausage, Meatballs, Ham, Olives, Mushrooms, Onions, Green Peppers. It was decided to have the Forget About It well-done with, no meat on one side, although the desire was to have the vegetables everywhere with the entire portion of meat on one side. This writer, poor communicator that he is, did not convey the plan effectively. The pizza arrived with a divide as clear as the North/South Korea border: vegetables on one side and what appeared to be only a single layer of meat on the other. Although cooked to a normal "doneness", the pizza was not, as we ordered, "well-done".
During check-back these concerns were discussed with Dominic who earnestly apologized. He thought he understood how the toppings were to be allocated. He further revealed the kitchen was in the throes of a multiple pizza order for a nearby school and may have been distracted from the well-done request. It was suggested henceforth he more carefully check on what the kitchen presents.

Nevertheless, the delicate crust and robust sauce on Tony's pizza satisfies. Salads are fresh and ample. Bleu Cheese dressing is very flavorful. This is a place for regular repeat visits although communication will be conducted with greater care.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and I come here almost every week for dinner and I'll usually stop here during the week for lunch. The pizza is fantastic and we really love the Pasta dishes as well. The service is always good and the owner and his wife seem to be there 24/7 and are usually chatting up customers which they seem to know everyone on a first name basis. In my opinion this is the best pizza in the Tampa Bay area. My favorite being the Little Italy Pizza.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Suprisingly good food with attentive service. The pizza was good and fresh. The salads quite good.

The ambiance is a little dark and plain.

Otherwise, its ok.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I ordered a drink and they didn't have the ingredients, so they swapped it out with another drink and tried to tell me it is what I ordered. The wings were the best I've ever had, they have a thin, crispy coating, and the sauce is on the side. We got the calzone and it had way too much ricotta cheese in it. Where was the mozzarella? Very little flavor. The dough could have used some salt.