“Anne Marie”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #42 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Anne Marie was absolutely wonderful! She was extremly kind and helpful to me during my stay. She called me during the week to check in on me to make sure that I was okay because she didn't see me for two days! So nice to have someone watching over me while I travel alone. I have never had that happen before and I travel constantly for work. The rooms were nice, carpet should be cleaned. I love the view of the bay and the location of the hotel.. Will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My family stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our recent vacation. I was not impressed with this hotel.

Pros: The beds were clean and comfortable. We had a nice view from our room.

Cons: My impression of the hotel at check-in was not positive and it did not improve before checkout. Our room type was changed for some reason and the front desk associate didn't seem very knowledgeable about the hotel or the area. I think they may have been redoing some landscaping, but the parking area under the building looked like something out of a scary movie. Guests have to go outside the building to get ice and we got expired products from the vending machine even though we saw the vending machine guy there when we checked in. The ATM at the property did not work. The pool closes at 9 pm for some strange reason. The hotel had multiple maintenance issues (such as the nonfunctional toilet in our room) and the room was not very clean. I cleaned the bathtub myself before letting my children take a bath because it needed to be cleaned and every time my daughter crawled on the carpet, her knees and the tops of her feet were dirty. The trash in the public area of our floor was not changed during our stay and smelled. One of the employees repeatedly parked his car on the ramp from the underbuilding parking area to the lobby, making it impossible to get a luggage cart or stroller up the ramp to go in that entrance.

This was the last part of our vacation, but definitely the worst hotel. By the end of our stay, I understood why there weren't many cars in the parking lot. This hotel could be quite nice, but it needs a lot of changes. My curiosity got the best of me and I asked the age of the property and was told that it is 8 years old. The past 8 years have not been kind. My family and I will definitely be back to Clearwater but we will be exploring other options for hotels. I really hope this hotel gets on the right track because there were plenty of reasons why we were excited about staying there. Now there are far more reasons why we will take a longer drive and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Spent 4 nights at this hotel. Have absolutely no concerns/complaints. Clean/attentive housekeeing. Breakfast was very good and staff attended well. Minor bathroom problem taken care of promptly. Pool cleaned of wind debris every morning. AnneMarie is a great daytime host who goes over and beyond. Thanks too to Anna who works the afternoon shift.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This was our first Vacation and we were referred to my boyfriend parents.......we had a wonderful experience, everything from the check in, the breakfest, customer service , and check out.

Prices- PRICES was reasonable for the amounts of days we stayed

check in- went very smooth, donnie was very polite and courtous.
Room: We were on the Third floor and our room was clean and smelled good........it was also spacious so there was alot of room.

breakfast- served everyday and was good(simple and nice) the ladies who worked there making breakfast would greet us and ask us if breakffast was good.....I reall enjoyed the eggs and sauages.....my boyfriend loved the waffles......

cleaning service-Wonderful......First time ever that these women take soo much pride cleaning and making the hotel look clean. (also when asking for extra towels they would also deliver withing seconds.

Staff- ANNA- OMG she was the most sweetest and funny person, she always asked how our stay was and made sure we were statisfed with everything. She really puts Customer Service #1 .....and she made me laugh with all her funny jokes(in fact i fell on the floor a few times)
Jessica- Another staff member was soo sweet and suggested amazing restuarants to eat.
Overall they were all helpful and kind....

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit clearwater..

Room Tip: Dont read all the negative comments, see for yourself and make your own judgement
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DianaPat
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We had a great time at this hotel and were treated well by staff and management. Donnie J. is very solicitous of guests, and he helped us at every turn and went above and beyond to get us on to another Choice property when we moved on. The hotel is very close to Clearwater Beach and Tarpon Springs and is the best value for location in the area. We wish the exterior floor level were more decorated. One goes from the entrance to what looks like a former putting green practice area to get to the pool. Other than that, nothing to complain about. Get there early enough and you can get a covered parking spot.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank J h
Donnie J, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

J H Thanks so much for your comment! I'm glad that we could accomodate you and go even further to get you reservations at your next destination. We understand the putting area is kind of an eyesore but we are beginning our First Floor Renovations in January, and we are very excited! I hope you enjoyed your stay at the other Comfort Suites we found you in Tampa, and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I travel quite a bit and I always want to spread the word when I have a great stay at a hotel. I was a guest at this hotel about 8 months ago and just stayed there again this past week. The difference in the hotel and its guest service was like night and day.

Happy to have a regular hotel to stay at when I am traveling to Clearwater. Spacious and clean rooms, friendly and very helpful staff and great location.

Great job. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TheresaC876
Donnie J, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

TheresaC, Thank you for the kind words about your stay. I love sharing these reviews with the staff to show them their hard work is paying off. This hotel has come along way in the last couple of months, and we plan to take it even farther when we finally begin and finish our renovations. I'm happy to hear you visit Clearwater frequently! I agree that its great to have a place you know will be up to your standard when you visit somewhere. That way you only have to worry about getting a good tan. ;) We look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stay with choice hotels 9 months out of the year with my job. This was the worst stay. The ac didn't work in the room. The remote had dead batteries and was very sticky. The shower was not clean. Had to go outside in the parking lot to the only ice machine. Requested a wake up call, that I never received. Then when I went to check out I had to search for Jennifer the girl that was working that morning. Found her 10 minutes later in the parking lot socializing.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Abdavis9222

ABDavis we would like to thank you for your loyalty to Choice Hotels. I would like to apologize for the issues during your stay. We take pride in our customer service and cleanliness and these problems have been addressed. I have spoken with my front desk associates about assisting with car issues in the parking lot, that they to keep a closer eye on the front desk. We will be doing a complete renovation this year and are planning to put things like the ice machine in more convenient locations for our guests. I know you said "Never Again" but I hope in the future we get the chance to change your mind. Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
La Quinta Clearwater Central
#29 of 98 in Clearwater
Chart House Suites on Clearwater Bay
Hampton Inn Clearwater Central

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!