“Very Nice Stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #45 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Second year that we stayed here. Very nice and convient property. Great view of the Clearwater Bay. A little dated (couches worn, no flat screen TV), but kept quite clean. Excellent staff, they have been here for many years and are very helpful. Anna, at the front desk is very helpful as a "concierge", her suggestions are real good - she is an asset to the hotel experience. I will be back. Bob M

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We've been twice and loved it. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and a nice size for extended stays. The view is great of the Bay. Walking trails are close by and it is a short trek to the Pinellas Trail. Very close to Dunedin and to Clearwater Beach too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was our first Christmas apart as a family. My wife and I, are sadly in the process of divorcing after 25 years married, so I decided that a trip far away from Canada would serve as a good distraction of the situation for my two sons 17 & 12 and of course myself. The minute we arrived our host "mother" as we joked, Anna K immediately understood the severity of our situation and made us feel so welcome !! Leaving Canada in the middle of winter and not prepared for proper beach apparell, Anna supplied us with her own lawn chairs & umbrella for sunny Clearwater Beach...what a warm feeling and impression she made on myself and boys...Anna, you add genuine value to that hotel and guests and we have very fond memories of our time we spent their, your suggestions for dining and site seeing were amazing...the fact that the boys and I had grouper for our Christmas dinner was more than we could ask for !!! We will most definitely return to your hotel and borrow Anna's beach apparrel again..lol Sincerely Terry, Colin & Corey Manuel. Sault Ste. Marie Canada.

Room Tip: Talk to Anna...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Clearwater Comfort Suites. We got an excellent rate using Trip Advisor and it was very convenient to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Winter's Dolphin Tale Adventure which we had come to visit with our 4 year old daughter. The room was clean, nice and big, heated pool, exercise room and complimentary breakfast. Best of all though was the staff. Very friendly and courteous. Prime example: I screwed up the dates of our visit reserving our room a week earlier than the actual dates of our visit. I didn’t catch my mistake until the day after! The manager didn't charge me for the room even though he had every right to. He just rebooked the room for the correct dates at the same rate. The front desk was very friendly -- especially to my high-energy daughter. The next morning we got to the breakfast room after breakfast hours -- but the very pleasant young lady opened right back up so my daughter could get something to eat before our long drive home. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed here overnight for an unexpected business trip. I was given a handicap-accessible room which I didn't ask for nor need, but the front desk informed it was OK because I was the last person checking in and it was so late. The room and bathroom were huge - very clean, lots of space to move around. The AC unit and filter was clean - easy to breathe! You get a decent view of the harbor as well although the hotel itself is surrounded by houses. I was bit concerned about that (noise, safety, etc) - no issues though. Parking is free, and you're a 10 min ride to Clearwater Beach. The one minor issue I'd mention is just the rugs in the hotel need to be replaced. Living near water, it's always humid - especially in Florida. People care more about what they breathe now and it's been proven mold is very bad for you - so investing in some carpets here would be wise. They're not terrible, but enough of a slightly musty odor to notice it. I'm still giving this place a great recommendation though because there's a great deal of value in this hotel considering you'd probably be out most of the day enjoying the beautiful scenery closer to the beach (drive towards to Tampa and stop at one of the many bay-side beaches).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This the second time my wife and I have stayed @ this hotel in the past year. As we were there for a few days we met staff all around the clock all of whom were friendly and accomodating. Some staff remembered us from our prior visit last spring. The place is clean. The filters in the a/c-heat unit are clean too- so breathe easy.This hotel is just far enough from the hub bub yet close to the beach, etc. Con; being a light sleeper the air gaps around the doors lets any noise in the hallway be heard- hopefully as they are renovating this will be corrected. We'll be back the next time we come to town.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hdultra
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Pros; Over all we really enjoyed our stay here. The room was accommodating to the number of people that we had in our party. It was close to the water and many of the attractions that we wanted to visit, yet it was quiet. For us it was especially convenient in the fact that my husband met us down there with his semi, and was able to park it right in the lot for our vacation, which always makes him more comfortable. We had a slight misunderstanding w/ the bill but it was handled w/ care. Anna was so friendly and helpful, from the time I booked it to the checkout. It will definitely be a place that we return to. Especially knowing that they are remodeling!!

Cons; The washer and dryer were something to be desired. It took 2 full cycles to get the clothes dried. And it was a bit of a pain having to carry all of our belongings up to the 3rd floor on check in, and ALL the way down for check out, as the luggage carts kept mysteriously disappearing “in guest’s room” though we did see them in the housekeeping closet! I think the fact that all the rooms face to the left or the right of the water seemed odd. It would have been nice to open the window and look right over the water. But still a nice view. And last but not least, we could not seem to get the air cool enough in the room. We even tried to leave the curtains closed, it didn't seem to help, so it made for some warm nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DAW10
Donnie J, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

DAW10, Thank you so much for your comments. We listened to your comments and after a quick meeting with my housekeeping supervisor and maintenance man we we're able to come up with a new system to track our luggage carts. We also had our washer and dryer both completely maintenanced so we are no longer seeing the 2 cycle dryings. I also had my maintenance guy was able to get the A/c unit blowing ice cold air, so the next time you come down it will feel just like Indianapolis. I appreciate that you listed all the Pro's of your trip as well. Many times people focus on the negatives and forget the positives of their vacation. We hope to see you again, so you can see our completely renovated hotel! Have a great day! Stay warm up in Indiana.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Chart House Suites on Clearwater Bay
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#14 of 98 in Clearwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP
Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!