We had stayed in Clearwater Beach before in the Pier House 60: very nice beach front hotel, friendly staff and business standard rooms. When we returned we came across the Barefoot Bay offering. We could barely believe the charge was right but took a chance and you cannot believe how right we were.
This motel is a family owned business, very friendly people, who told me they came over from Britain 10 years ago to start a new life in Clearwater with their son and daughter (now 16 & 18). It shows a bit in that some of the interior of the rooms is a little dated but we found all was well maintained and really very clean.
We had one of the 4 waterfront rooms on the second floor, opposite the washing & drying facilities. We had a little kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave, coffee machine and toaster. Cups, glasses, plates and cutlery were available next to the little breakfast table and our two queen size beds.
We had seen some comments about bad mattresses which we cannot confirm - the mattresses' quality is okay but there is a plastic cover around them that makes a terrible noise when you move. Well, we moved quite a bit, much to our satisfaction and we cannot say that the beds were a problem for us.
What more can we say? There is a swimming pool with sun chairs at the ground level, a bit public maybe because anybody walking by can look intro that area but it borders a small parking lot in a dead end so only motel guests or some boat owners walk by. And there is a sun lounge deck in the back that faces a small pier. This area is a bit quitter than the one round the swimming pool as there is less noise from the main road that comes into Clearwater Beach. Some of the chairs here were a little old though and should be replaced.
The A/C in the room was very effective but a little noisy - we found that an issue in most hotels that we stayed in in Florida (Hilton, Ramada, Pier House 60) and this one was no exception.
As for the location, we found it perfect. There is a Wallgreens around the corner and all restaurants and bars are within strolling distance. The beach is a 2 minutes walk.
We paid less than 90$/night for our 4 nights stay (Sat to Wed), including taxes and including free WiFi and free parking facility in front of the motel (other hotels charge a 15$ parking fee per day as the public parking spots near the beach are metered).
So, you can do your own math. As for us, if ever near Clearwater again we will not think twice and come here again - even for a higher price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot Bay Resort and marina is a small family owned and operated motel conveniently located in the center of Clearwater beach making everything just a short walk away. Pier 60 and the beach are 3 minutes away, municipal marina a 2 minute walk. shops and restaurants to cater to every need are 3 minutes away.We are situated on the intra coastal side of the island with great open views, dolphins can be seen from our marina deck.We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable accommodation in a quiet relaxing environment. If you want some excitement hire a Jet Ski from our marina and explore the Island. We provide daily maid service, free WiFi and have a guest laundry room open each day.Our larger than average pool is great to cool down in on hot summer days and heated for your comfort during the cooler winter months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Barefoot Bay Resort and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Bay Resort And Marina Hotel Clearwater
- Barefoot Bay Clearwater
- Barefoot Bay Hotel And Marina
- Barefoot Bay Resort And Marina Clearwater, Florida