“Clean room and good location, don't go here for the food”

Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
N.H./FL
“Clean room and good location, don't go here for the food”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The location was good, a block from the beach and our room had a water view, although no balcony. the "contiental breakfast" was pathetic - fake egg patties and sausage that I wouldn't even try, dry cereal and fruit - again, I avoided the fruit. Prefab muffins and pastries - fortunately, I don't require much in the way of nourishment in the morning. There was coffee that was not too bad, and juice. We had sandwiches one evening in the "restaurant" on the rooftop. Had to place the order at the bar - staff too busy to come to our table, but the food was OK. Very limited menu. I would definitely research other options in the area were I stay in this location again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I booked this place for our anniversary, and was hoping for the best.. I asked for a room with a balcony based on previous reviews, we had a good view of the boats near by. I had also asked in advance to have the roses on the bed and champagne before I got there..They said no problem..When I got there , it was just an empty bed (no roses or champagne ). It's a good thing I didn't tell my wife that I had a cool surprise waiting..I went to the front desk and advised them that the roses were missing..no real apology they just offered to do it when we were out of the room for the evening..I declined, since I don't like anyone in the room once my stuff is in there..But it wasn't a big deal , the hotel was nice and clean. The room was spotless, bed sheets were clean no weird odors, just generally clean. I did not try the free breakfast as we went to some other local places in the area.. Lots of cool places to eat within walking distance as well. There is an awesome Walgreens right down the street, that has everything you need (bottled water, snacks etc..) The room has a microwave and also a fridge , which came in handy. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor (610) and had a balcony room and had a view of the boats docked.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mannydigital
London, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I booked through orbitz and parking was suppose to be included. We were charged $17 per day parking. Looks like front desk makes up the rate as they go. There isnt anybody over 20 working the front deak at anytime. Even to buy a bag of chips at front desk was impossible if you dont have exact change. Breakfast is gross. Rooms are clean and nice. Crows nest on 10th floor has fantastic view but horrible service. With such a large choice of accomodations i wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank zelda c
Johnston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Spent 9 nights at this hotel. It was great.Beautiful view of the beach and sunset on the tenth floor bar.Just wish they had another location as this is outdoor and we got 3 days of rain so it is closed in bad weather.Very limited food menu but what they had was good.Very clean .Location is great.Breakfast was fine. Cereal.fruit,bagels toast danish,english muffins eggs and sausage.Great coffee.Would go back if we were in the clearwater area again.

Room Tip: I like facing the gulf but it can be noisy with the traffic.Just wish other guests would not slam th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked through Orbitz and Parking was shown as one of the amenities.When I went to check in they told me I would have to pay an additional $15.00 a day for parking. I had made a copy of my reservation and hotel amenities and showed it to desk clerk she stated I had to pay the parking fee. I ask her to please go get the manager she came back in about 5 minutes and said he said you have to pay $15.00 a day for parking if you are going to stay here and he can not meet with you. In the room at the hotel it states in their book if you have any problems the Manager will meet with and to try and settle it! I haven't had S# on A Shingle since I was in the Army 55 years ago but we got it for breakfast at this hotel. The morning breakfast was terrible!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Donald W
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a smaller hotel on the intercoastal side of Clearwater Beach, with easy access to the beach near Pier 60. This is an ideal location, as it's in the middle of everything, but still quiet. If you ask for a Gulf facing room, you'll wake up to an incredible view in the morning. Jimmy's Crow's Nest bar is on the rooftop of the hotel and it's a fun place to grab a drink and watch the sun set. There is also a reasonable breakfast provided. We were sad to leave. We plan to return to this hotel again next year.

Room Tip: The corner gulf facing rooms are the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quinnlavin
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel last month for 7 days and although the weather was not brilliant, the hotel more than made up for it. It was scrupulously clean and the staff couldn't do enough for you. The complementary breakfast was fine and the open air bar on the top floor was perfect for watching the sunsets and also for having post dinner drinks. The Gym is fine with adequate equipment if you need to keep fit.Yes, the pool isn't best placed for sunbathing but we did manage some sessions before and after the sun had gone around the building. The beach is across the road from the hotel which has uninterrupted views. The marina is right next door and nearby a host of various eating places, from fine dining to cheap and cheerful, many with music, some live. Contrary to one pathetic review, there are hairdryers in every bathroom, you just have to look underneath the sink! (we bought one especially for the trip). We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Special plaudits go to the Sales Director, Juli Norberg, a busy, helpful hands-on smart lady and Arely Fran for a great friendly job on reception.

Room Tip: Rooms at the very front of the hotel have great sea views but no balconies. The balconies at the sid...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple