“Gulf Front Room is awesome - Internet censorship is not”

Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great rooms - we had one gulf front window. Its really awesome! The room size is also great. But why only 3 stars? Two things. First: The breakfast is really awful... better consider not to offer it. It is really really bad. Second: Their provider is doing a lot of censorship. I want to check for my lady a swim suit online... bam: not allowed because not appropriate??? It was not possible for us to check the manufactor of any swim suit! Sorry guys... this is something I cant support.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank warfair
Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor and we were very pleased. Continental breakfast was ample - cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee. Eating area was clean, with nice view of the marina. The rooms are large and comfortable, with queen beds. Our room looked out at the beach, but if I had to do it again, I would probably pick a room overlooking the marina since they had balconies and our room didn't. The rooftop bar is just that, so we didn't linger there much. Staff were pleasant and helpful. No lobby or special services really - go to the Hyatt or Hilton is you want that kind of ambiance, but that is made up for by the lower price, location and room comfort. We made the mistake of going to Clearwater Beach during Spring Break - it was crowded, but there is a large enough expanse of beach to find some privacy and the sunset is truly gorgeous.

Room Tip: The beach view rooms do look out to the gulf, but in between is a large, ugly parking lot, so you mi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Champ5321
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a brand new hotel in a very good location. Not a bad view anywhere in this hotel. We had a gulf view and it was perfect, even on a lower floor. The roof top bar is a perfect place to have a drink and watch the sunset. Short walk to just about anything you want to do in clearwater beach! A little expensive but not bad at all really considering the location.

Room Tip: Gulf view rooms are less expensive and do not have a balcony but the view is still wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife. We had a great time and Clearwater Beach is a great location to spend a few days vacationing. The hotel was very nice and is very close to all the restaurants and shopping areas. It is also located near the pier and beach. We had a beach view king room and with great views of the gulf and beach. We didn't spent much time in the room but it is furnished nicely and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. I will visit Clearwater again and definitely stay at this hotel again. Oh the roof top bar is a great place to get a drink and watch a sun set.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Rarely have I seen the housekeeping staff so busy. Cleaning all over the hotel all the time. And I do not mean in a noisy and cumbersome way.

Our room was good. A wide view of the gulf and beach. Lacking were enough drawers for our clothes. On the other hand, they had any many good hangers in the closet, so we solved the minor problem that way.

The staff are all very pleasant. Parking is $15 a day, but when compared to other hotels, we got a good rate for our room. Others in CB charge also.

Shops and restaurants are about 5 minutes walk.

The accompanying breakfast is filling but not wonderful. Nor are there newspapers on the premises. The workout room is small but little used. The equipment there is good enough. The few comfort items for sale are pricey. Once you know these things, Pier 60 is a pleasant, clean, and convenient hotel.

1  Thank Dean1900
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We loved the view of the Gulf and the large comfortable room. As well, we enjoyed housekeepers' little surprises. Each day, when making up the room, they cleverly positioned a wonderful whimsical towel origami of some fanciful animal on the bed. And, as we walked into our freshly made up room, we were greeted by the sound of breaking waves and shrieking birds.
Negatives-- if you must know: 1. The so-called "pool" is not worthy of the name. But so what? The beach is right there. 2. Breakfast is so-so, at times offering a gummy sausage stew instead of plain old eggs and the coffee is pathetically weak. But there is always fruit, yogurt, and bagels so all is not lost. 3. No lobby to speak off. If you intend to meet up with posh friends in the lobby this is not going to happen. Still, as we have no posh friends, this was not a problem.
Overall, the price is right, and I would recommend this non-pretentious and well-managed hotel.

Room Tip: ask for Gulf view
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been to Clearwater a few times, but this was the first time I stayed at Pier 60. It was amazing, and I had the time of my life. All the staff is very friendly, and the rooms are spotless.
No matter what room you stay in, there is beautiful view. I was traveling alone, and met some very nice people in the lounge on the top floor. I am already looking forward to going back again. I am in the lodging business, and I was very impressed with the way I was treated. It is a place for anyone. Singles or families. I would for sure recommend this fine hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Any room is awesome from what I can see. A view from all four sides.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo