“"Clearwater Beach....always a great time....beautiful new hotel"!”

Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been coming to Clearwater Beach since I was a kid with my family, now I bring my kids here. Beautiful, new hotel. A bit pricey (I got a good rate paying in advance) but had been dreaming of staying here since I saw them constructing in 2010. Staff was courteous, helpful, never pushy. We had a room with a balcony and a view of the Inter coastal waterway. Beautiful sunrise every morning...but... don't feed the sea gulls! It's not posted but apparently it's a rule. Rude remarks/swearing shouted from the guests at the Sea Captain next door because we were feeding the birds. We had a room with two nice queen beds, a desk and rolling chair, one arm chair and an entertainment center which had the TV on top, a refrigerator and microwave (didn't spin when in use) but only two drawers for clothing....definitely not enough for 3 adults and a 13 yr old. We lived out of our suitcases.....for 5 days/nights! The "suites" may have more room/drawers. Wifi in rooms, not so great. Then there's Jimmy's Crows Nest... we saw a beautiful sunset from there, but just once. Really crowded, unless you want to get there hours early for a nice seat. Didn't get the free shot at sunset....and expensive! A pina colada $8.50? holy cow! I did splurge though, after all, this was my dream vacation. Many restaurants and plenty of gift shops nearby. Many activities from the marina next door and a beautiful view of Pier 60. I'm very glad I stayed, was dying to try it. Will probably not stay again (mostly because of the cost). At least for me bigger is not always better. Lastly, $15/per day to park your car on site.

Room Tip: If you're staying a while, ask about drawer space!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank floridagal1961

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is our third stay at this hotel. The location is centric, the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are comfortable, and the view of the beach from the room is fantastic. However, the free breakfast quality is not the same as on our previous stays. The hot items in particular, were very sad. One day they served a yucky-looking oatmeal and the next day biscuits with gravy. I understand the breakfast is complimentary, but it would be better to have no hot items than poor ones. Other than the hot items there is bread, bagels, danishes, mini muffins, yogurt, fruit salad, juice, coffee, and cereal. The Frosted Flakes said Kellog's but didn't taste like Kellog's (my child is particular about cereal). Parking is $15 daily and they have free wifi.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bluebee88
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our 5th stay in Clearwater Beach. We stayed 3 nights from June 10th.Cost was £85 per night. We required a wheelchair accessible room and were not disappointed. Our room faced the marina and had its own balcony for relaxing and watching the sunrise. The room was very well maintained and modern with a fridge and HD tv. There was housekeeping every day and all the staff were very friendly. The hotel is very close and to many shops and restaurants. The breakfast area was always kept very clean and all the food items always replenished. This area was right beside the small lobby on the 5th floor as the first four are the car park. the hotel has a small swimming pool right at the side of the marina and enjoyed a great deal of sunlight during the day. The hotel has a roof top bar with great views of the surrounding area but only opens weather permitting . When in Clearwater Beach I will try to stay in this hotel again. Excellent stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Micheal67
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was very nervous about the location of our hotel...I like to stay on the beach when I go on vacation. Rest assured we had an ocean view and it was breathtaking! From the moment we pulled up the staff was pleantiful and helpful. They were not pushy just there to help if we needed. The hotel and facilities were clean and nice. The hotel isn't right on the sand but you literally cross the street to get to it...NOT inconvenient in the least. There were a few hotels on the sand but their beach was not as nice as ours (covered in shells).

We had a very nice bar on the rooftop "Jimmy's". You could see out over the ocean and pier. I would definitely recommend it for drinks and a place to hang. They even had a projector showing music videos...nice touch.

THE HOTEL STAFF WAS AMAZING!!! We did have an accident (our fault) in our room and they were kind, attentive, and quick about solving the problem.

The only small complaint we had was that the continental breakfast wasn't amazing. I have had better at other hotels...not that I usually expect much out of this service.

I WILL DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kristen B
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, big rooms, and cleaned spotless daily. Beach is just across the parking lot, all tours are right outside the front door, sunsets at the pier are steps away, and stores and restaurants are all within walking distance. Don't hesitate to stay here. Rooms are spacious and maid service was excellent. I wish there was an in room safe. Other than that, no problems at all. Considering location, cleanliness and price, this hotel can't be beat.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank londononthego
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Nice location, walk every way. Rooftop bar is nice to go up and catch a view, but that's all you'll get there. Went to have lunch and drinks, was very busy with one bar tender working. Went somewhere else. It is also open to the public. So the elevators are always busy and full of non staying people. My kids watched a drunk couple on their way down from bar get into fight, was not good, police showed up, and that couple wasn't even staying here.
Overall nice hotel, it's only 2 years old and location is good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Troy K
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotell is perfect located in the senter of Clearwater beach - close to the beach, and restaurants and shops. Beds and rooms are fine and clean, and the staff are friendly. But breakfast at this place is not even close to what should be a minimum at this price and standard of a hotell!!!

Stayed: July 2014