“Beach window view. White powder sand. Clean. Pool needs more attention.”

Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oak Park, Illinois
“Beach window view. White powder sand. Clean. Pool needs more attention.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Beach is across the street a few minutes walk. Sand is like white powder. Our favorite beach! Beachviews. Hotel is super clean. Breakfast is light, But in that heat and the ocean water, it's perfect, so who needs a big breakfast in that heat. Pool is nice right on the marina. My only complaint is pool area needs to be attended to more just as in the hotel. Lots of drinking at jimmys crow nests, lushes getting waisted then come to the pool? Why if they are not guest, they are bar goers and coming down to smoke. Ick. People that stay here are 50/50 classwise. Lots of smokers around pool, even in a room, but I'm sure they were fined since no smoking rooms. So it was nice but we became Hilton Honor members over our vakay. So Hilton only.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank P M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
USA
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I seem to end up in Clearwater every year, so I'm looking for that perfect hotel. This is a nice place, but not perfect. We had a great view of the beach, however that means we couldn't have a balcony. I think I'd rather have the balcony. The location is great. A short walk to the beach, easy access to the pier and restaurants, convenient parking (for $15 a day though). There is a bar on the roof but no restaurant on the premises. The employees were all friendly and helpful. The room itself was fine..Nothing amazing, but nothing to complain about either. The internet only worked intermittently. The "free" breakfast was not at all impressive. I had read reviews before I went and knew that it was pretty basic, but it was still worse than I expected. For example, the only fruit available is a mixture of canned fruits. On our last day, they were out of yogurt and cream cheese. There were a few pastries available, but none of them were worth the calories. On the positive side, there was a nice mix of guests from all over the world. Not a bad hotel,but also neither great nor a bargain. I probably won't choose it again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CrazySeal
Cleethorpes, England
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here one night for a break from Disney. Our children paid for us as an anniversary present, with the upgraded package including champagne and rose petals over swan towel sculptures. They also had a room booked and the hotel kindly put us on the same floor, but there wasn't enough beds for the family with their three children. They were moved without fuss or complaint when this was pointed out.

As it is a new hotel it was lovely. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, balcony with furniture to sit out, walk in shower in the bathroom, toiletries supplied, enough towels to shower twice, a fridge and a microwave and plenty of seating in the room.

The location is excellent, close by to shops, restaurants and boat trips. Jimmy's Crows Nest is a lovely bar and as such gets very busy for the sunset celebrations. Drinks are a wee bit on the pricey side, but then I would expect that from a hotel in this setting.

I would say the rather average breakfast let the hotel down, particularly as I am aware the hotel is not cheap. In addition be aware that you have to move your car when it is checking out time - fair enough as space is limited, but many hotels allow you to park for the rest of the day.

However, I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a balcony the views are stunning over the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank swampduckgy
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After looking at many reviews here on the site I decided to stay here for 4 days, the room I booked was supposed to have a king bed, unless they use some sort of different standard that bed was definately a Queen like I have in my home. They use some sort of terrible internet service that does not work after it rains for 24 hours. The signal provided by the hotel was incredibly weak before the internet went down. When I complained about it they told me I was entering the password wrong. Finally they admitted the internet was down. After a 4 hour drive all I wanted to do was lounge around the first day and use the internet.
After I checked in I learned hey guess what $15 for parking a day in a garage that did not appear to have cameras or any sort of security. The parking fee would not have bothered me if they at least had security monitoring the place 24 hours a day. If you decide to use the stairs and are staying on a floor above the 5th floor you cannot get onto your floor you have to go through the lobby and up the elevator. I do not know the point of this seeing as the staff are not present at the counter during the night so when I went back and forth getting stuff from the car no one stopped me or even asked if I was staying there. I would not recommend this hotel on any level because issues were not addressed. I wanted to check out the night I got their after being treated like I was stupid and I was told I had to wait until the management got there the next morning. J.R did not want to let me check out of my prepaid room and get my money back until I was military. I went to Tampa booked a room at the La Quinta and received a room with a real king bed and working internet.

Room Tip: Not staying here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FlamingQueen
Austintown, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been coming to Clearwater Beach since I was a kid with my family, now I bring my kids here. Beautiful, new hotel. A bit pricey (I got a good rate paying in advance) but had been dreaming of staying here since I saw them constructing in 2010. Staff was courteous, helpful, never pushy. We had a room with a balcony and a view of the Inter coastal waterway. Beautiful sunrise every morning...but... don't feed the sea gulls! It's not posted but apparently it's a rule. Rude remarks/swearing shouted from the guests at the Sea Captain next door because we were feeding the birds. We had a room with two nice queen beds, a desk and rolling chair, one arm chair and an entertainment center which had the TV on top, a refrigerator and microwave (didn't spin when in use) but only two drawers for clothing....definitely not enough for 3 adults and a 13 yr old. We lived out of our suitcases.....for 5 days/nights! The "suites" may have more room/drawers. Wifi in rooms, not so great. Then there's Jimmy's Crows Nest... we saw a beautiful sunset from there, but just once. Really crowded, unless you want to get there hours early for a nice seat. Didn't get the free shot at sunset....and expensive! A pina colada $8.50? holy cow! I did splurge though, after all, this was my dream vacation. Many restaurants and plenty of gift shops nearby. Many activities from the marina next door and a beautiful view of Pier 60. I'm very glad I stayed, was dying to try it. Will probably not stay again (mostly because of the cost). At least for me bigger is not always better. Lastly, $15/per day to park your car on site.

Room Tip: If you're staying a while, ask about drawer space!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank floridagal1961
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is our third stay at this hotel. The location is centric, the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are comfortable, and the view of the beach from the room is fantastic. However, the free breakfast quality is not the same as on our previous stays. The hot items in particular, were very sad. One day they served a yucky-looking oatmeal and the next day biscuits with gravy. I understand the breakfast is complimentary, but it would be better to have no hot items than poor ones. Other than the hot items there is bread, bagels, danishes, mini muffins, yogurt, fruit salad, juice, coffee, and cereal. The Frosted Flakes said Kellog's but didn't taste like Kellog's (my child is particular about cereal). Parking is $15 daily and they have free wifi.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bluebee88
Portstewart Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our 5th stay in Clearwater Beach. We stayed 3 nights from June 10th.Cost was £85 per night. We required a wheelchair accessible room and were not disappointed. Our room faced the marina and had its own balcony for relaxing and watching the sunrise. The room was very well maintained and modern with a fridge and HD tv. There was housekeeping every day and all the staff were very friendly. The hotel is very close and to many shops and restaurants. The breakfast area was always kept very clean and all the food items always replenished. This area was right beside the small lobby on the 5th floor as the first four are the car park. the hotel has a small swimming pool right at the side of the marina and enjoyed a great deal of sunlight during the day. The hotel has a roof top bar with great views of the surrounding area but only opens weather permitting . When in Clearwater Beach I will try to stay in this hotel again. Excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family