“Anniversary great massage”

Dunedin Fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Anniversary great massage”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Botanica for years. The service has always been top notch. We did massages for our anniversary and they were fantastic . Donni and Lindsay were great

Visited February 2014
2 Thank jmw47

Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Spa in Clearwater”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have been going to Botanica for almost 15 years and will not go anywhere else. From the atmosphere of neutral colors, soft lighting and delicious candle smells to the complimentary tea, comfortable chairs, themed pedicures (rose petals, orange slices, etc.), free infrared sauna and hot neck pillows and more, everything is designed to soothe and relax. The owner and lead esthetician, Gen, has very high standards and does the hiring herself, so her staff are among the best in the area. I have never had a bad service and most of the staff have been there many years - after a few visits, you feel like family.

Some highlights:
- They do NOT do acrylic nails, so there is no harsh chemical smell in the nail salon!
- Pedicures and Manicures here seem to last twice as long as cheaper places, so end up being worth the extra cost in the end.
- They use high quality Pevonia and Aveda products which smell and feel so yummy. My skin always looks/feels amazing after I leave.
- They carry high quality candles in the store that are delicious and usually are on sale around Christmas (gift idea!)
- The have a nice retail boutique with local handmade jewelry and unique and hard to find beauty items that make great gifts. There is usually a sale or discount offered at Christmas.
- They have their own make up line which is a similar quality to MAC products. It is named after the owner's daughter, Phoneix (so cute!)

Tips:
- Gen and Yana are my favorite estheticians. Gen is the only person I will let touch my eyebrows.
- Donni is in my top 3 all-time favorite massage therapists for relaxation massage
- They have an infrared sauna you can use during services if you come 15-20 minutes early, or you can pay a low monthly fee for unlimited use
- If you are a local, sign up for their newsletter or friend them on Facebook so you are notified of their "open house" nights a couple times a year. They offer deeply discounted spa services during the event with a 20% discount on any future services booked the night of the event.
- Their monthly specials are always a great deal!
- The packages are a great deal, but they let you create your own package if you want, and will give you a discount for combining several services.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Ashley E
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mother-Daughter weekend...”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My daughter and I found out the best way to start a vacation...with a 90 minute massage at Botanica. I called several weeks before we planned to visit Clearwater Beach scheduled two 90 minutes massages at 10am on a Friday. We arrived at 9:30, 30 minutes before the spa was to open, and was content to wait in the car. The Botanica staff waved us in! Our incredible experience began as soon as we walked in. The spa is designed to sooth, muted colors, calming scents and relaxing music. We were greeted by our massage therapists Danni Tompkins and JoEtta Conderman and each lead to our rooms.Ninety minutes later, my daughter and I agreed that we had the best massages ever! Botanica Day Spa is just a 10 minute drive from many of the Clearwater Beach resorts and I would recommend all Clearwater Beach vacationers to make the drive!

Visited August 2012