“Truly the BEST restaurant in all of Florida”
Review of Salt N Pepper Bistro - CLOSED

Salt N Pepper Bistro
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small family own and operated Bistro. All our cooking is done at order using fresh ingredients. We carry a nice selection of meat, seafood and fresh pasta dish. We also serve savory or sweet crepes.We offer a very nice selection of imported Paulaner beer and a large variety of wine by the glass or bottle. Our Bistro is small so please make a reservation.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have been in Clearwater for 7 days and visited Salt N Pepper on our last night. This restaurant was by far the best we have visited all week. Even our 8 year old loved the seafood crepe and lobster bisque. Not only was the food decadent but the family owners visited and talked with each patron. Our American restaurants can learn so much from Jean Claude. He uses the freshest, local ingredients to prepare the most superb dishes. My husband had the Duck L' Orange and describes it as beyond excellent. I cannot express our appreciation for this restaurant, I just wish we had visited it sooner! You will enjoy the food immensely, don't miss out on this gem of a restaurant..

1  Thank LisaC05302014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Don't judge this bistro by the unassuming outside. The food was fantastic and we had a great time. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a really well done meal from start to finish. The crepes were outstanding, the portions large, the desserts too good to pass up, and everything is made fresh and to order. I was there with my husband and another couple and we each ordered something different. Everything was exceptional! It really was one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed and I have sampled meals in many countries. If you go to Clearwater Beach, do NOT leave town without going to this bistro. You will not regret it!

1  Thank Pat T
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Every time I walk through that door I feel like part of the family! On my most recent visit I had the new york strip and everything was flawless. The rest of my family was just as satisfied with their meals. And then came dessert. I don't know if words can adequately describe this fantastic course of the meal. I had coco choco crepe with whipped cream and it was like a dream. I would highly recommend this bistro to everyone. Jean Claude, the chef/owner, came by our table and was very friendly and passionate about his food. On top of that, the service was great and a pleasant experience. My family and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went there celebrating our 9th year wedding anniversary, so I wanted something intimate and romantic and got what I was looking for! When we first arrived it was quite small and not a lot of cars were in the parking lot so I was unsure of how it was going to go. However, when we walked in the service was great and the inside though small was clean and had a great ambiance. The food was spectacular! I had the duck with orange glaze and it was the best duck I've ever had! It was a sliced up duck breast that was pan seared with a delicious orange glaze, with a side of perfectly cooked mixed vegetables and potatoes. My wife got a chicken and pasta dish that was also very good. The crowning event was the strawberry and banana crepe in which we elected to add chocolate sauce and whip cream. It was rich but really just amazing! At the end of our meal the chef actually came out and chatted with some of the customers, which is a rarity and was nice. It was a wonderful experience and if we find ourselves in Clearwater again we will definitely go again.

2  Thank Jared K
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As a francophile, I have traveled to France, and sampled, extensively, her varied and great regional cuisine. Recently, while in Clearwater with dear friends, we dined at Salt N Pepper, upon the recommendation of Trip Adviser. This is a real bistro in every sense; the menu is limited, and the food is fresh, and immediately prepared. The building itself is unassuming; its interior, however, is warm and charming.
We were greeted by Beth, whose comfortable personality made us feel as if we were dining in her home. Her husband, Jean-Claude is the chef. They are both from Antibes; its warmth accounts for the warmth of Salt N Pepper.
As an appetizer, I had escargots, delicately flavored with a basil sauce, served over home made puffed pastry. The escargots were succulent, and the pastry was feather-light. As a main, I had canard a l'orange. The duck, medium rare, was done to perfection. The sauce with this iconic dish can be ruined, too often, by a sauce which is treacly and too thick. However, Jean Claude produced a sauce which was light, delicate, with orange jest, finely julienned, and delicately sweetened. This was absolutely one of the finest examples of this dish I have had, in or out of France.
Everyone in our company reported that his or her meal was a chef-d'oeuvre. Masterpiece also describes the dessert which we all shared. We ordered a wonderful patisserie aux pommes, just one, to be shared between five of us. Well, we each,stoically, said, just one bite. This delicacy seduced us all. One bite led to another, and then another, and our diets were left in tatters.
Jean Claude came out to greet all diners that evening. He has a wonderful, embracing personality, We tried to convince him and Beth to close the Clearwater bistro, and reopen in our up state New York town of Ithaca. To the advantage of Clearwater, they declined.
If you are in Clearwater, run to Salt N Pepper. You will experience the finest French cuisine in or outside of France.

1  Thank Joe T