“Set Sail Today!”

Broad Reach Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Broad Reach Charters will be closing for the the summer on April 7 2017 and re-opening November 6 2017. Thank you for your patronage for our last season and we will see you in November. Capt. Brian Broad Reach Charters provides a crewed sailboat experience for up to 6 passengers on a safe, well maintained Catalina / Morgan 381 with a professional crew. With many options and catering we will make every effort to accommodate all of your needs. Our objective is exceed your expectations!
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My friends and I had a great time sailing with Captain Brian. The boat is beautiful, plenty of room to relax and enjoy the water and the dolphins love the boat too! They followed us as we sailed around Clearwater. We will definitely sail with Captain Brian again!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This was a family oriented sailing trip and Captain Brian is the best. He made all us including the teenagers on board feel like part of his family. He was very knowledgeable about the area and we all felt absolutely safe and secure. He even let us steer and tack the sails. It is a very affordable family activity. The trip was beautiful and we are planning a second trip for a longer time. We booked the 3 hour sunset trip and wished it had been longer. Highly recommend this sailing experience! Thanks Captain Brian!

1  Thank Laura R
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had such an awesome time with Capt. Brian. Soooo relaxing. Our group of six was the perfect number to enjoy a beautiful sunset, catch up with each other and most of all - RELAX. The beauty of our fabulous Gulf of Mexico made a great sailboat ride even better. Can't wait to sail again!!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I really have to brag about how very accommodating Captain Brian was on our Sunset Sail. I spent 20 years on the Pinellas County Beaches working in the tourist industry and I am not sure that I ever met a man with the patience and understanding that he has!

My family and I came back to Florida this year to return a loved one’s ashes to the place he loved the most in life.

There was to say the least, a bit of anxiety involved in the planning of this trip, as I have a sister that is highly susceptible to motion sickness and would rather have been giving birth again than go through another miserable time on a sailboat. (her one and only time was not a good experience…we will leave it at that!). I know that she sucked it up and went along for my sake, as we had traveled 1500 mile to make this happen. Captain Brian took her under his wing and had her commandeer the sailboat for the most of the 3 plus hours we were at sea! All hats off to him, for this most definitely saved the day! She was not sick and did a great job of running the show!

As we reached the final destination for the scattering of the ashes, the weather was beautiful, the Gulf was calm and Jimmy Buffet ‘s “It’s Been a Lovely Cruise” was playing in the background as we made a final toast and said our goodbyes to Les W. Packer.

Thank you for making this a most memorable experience Captain Brian!

Drink it up
This one’s for you
It's been a lovely cruise
I'm sorry it's ended
It's sad but it's true
Honey it's been a lovely cruise

These moments were left with
May you always remember
These moments are shared by few
There's wind in our hair
And there's water in our shoes
Honey, it's been a lovely cruise

These moments we're left with
May you always remember
These moments are shared by few
And those harbor lights
Aw they're coming into view
We bid our farewell much too soon
So drink it up
This one's for you
Honey, it's been a lovely cruise
Yea baby, it's been a lovely cruise
Oh darlin' it's been a lovely cruise

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I wanted to do something different for Memorial Day so I thought my wife may enjoy a sailboat ride. Unfortunately, I do not have a sailboat and even worse do not know how to sail. Fortunately I was referred to Broad Reach Charters. I was concerned that it would be ridiculously expensive but it was truley a GREAT value. The boat is a beautiful 38 foot Catalina named " Nowhere to be" and it is in great shape. Capt. Brian takes great pride in both its appearance and maintenance.
The boat comfortably holds 6. For our journey, I had requested a 3 hour sail and it was only my wife and me ( besides Capt. Brian). The nice part was Capt Brian was informative and interesting when we wanted his interaction, but all but disappeared when we wanted our quiet time alone. There was ice cold water and soda in the cooler which made it nice to make a couple boat drinks.( bring your own alcohol). We had a great sail in the Gulf and saw several dolphin. For the sailing novice (such as myself), Capt. Brian took care of everything, so it was total relaxation; however, he did mention that for those who are avid sailors, he encourages participation up to the skill of the sailor.
My wife and I highly recommend Broad Reach Charters for a good time and look forward to sailing with Capt. Brian again.