“Great service, decent food”
Review of Capogna's Dugout

Capogna's Dugout
Ranked #133 of 714 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Not all of the food seems fresh, like the jalapeno poppers (made from frozen). But, for the price, the food is acceptable. Family style, bar type food.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wife & I stopped by last night for dinner. It was crowed and I was excited to think that was because the food was great. Not the case! I ordered a combo plate of ravioli, stuffed shells and manicotti. Wife ordered Linguine with Clam Sauce. My manicotti was awful; the pasta was dried out and chewy. The tomato sauce was nothing special; tasted out of a can. For an Italian restaurant this was very disappointing. The salad was pretty good however. The most disappointing item was the linguine. My wife took two bites and pushed it away. My wife was too kind to complain and just ate her salad. The server who really should retire put the left overs in a take home container. Wife left it on the table and the server followed us into the parking lot with the container. My wife was polite and took it to the nearest trash bin. I guess that most everyone else was there for pizza; who knows. If you go there for the sports bar you may be happier, but don't expect good or even fair Italian food, maybe try the pizza. For us this was the first and last visit.

1  Thank Elliot15
Reviewed 14 September 2013

the pizza was the worst here in Clearwater, not well done like I asked and the salad was a mess and the waiter did not want to help us. we asked her to redo the pizza and she told us they could not do that

1  Thank ellis1002
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a casual Italian restaurant and Sports Bar with about 30 televisions all around the place. Having been in business in the same location since 1973 it is obvious that they must be Doug something very right. Chicken wings, spaghetti, pizza and much more are on their menu. A must is their homemade hot minestrone. We look forward to a big big salad and their soup on Thursdays on our way home from swim aerobics class at the YMCA. if you get there before 6 in the evening they have about 5 specials at great prices. I would recommend this restaurant but be aware...it's no 5 star restaurant, if that's what you are looking for.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I think they have some of the best pizza around, especially if you like pepperoni! They do not slice it wafer thin. I put it in the top 5 pizzas in Tampa Bay. Try it!

Been to Capogna's Dugout? Share your experiences!