“The closest thing to "French" in Florida”
Review of Cafe Ponte

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
“The closest thing to "French" in Florida”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Having eaten here in the past for lunch we decided to return for dinner.
Wow!
The menu was imaginative, the service was excellent, the presentation was imaginative and very professional and the taste was outstanding.
Although Cafe Ponte is a little more expensive than most restaurants in the area, the whole dining experience was so good that we felt it was worth it.
I would have no hesitation in strongly recommending this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Service above and beyond the expected”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I purchased a Groupon (spring prix fixe tasting menu for 2) as I like to "try out" new restaurants this way before committing more money than a place may be worth. Unfortunately, on the night of the reservation, my husband could not attend. I went, alone, and presented the Groupon to the very nice waiter. He was concerned that I had paid for a prix fixe tasting dinner for two but only one would dine and promptly went off to speak to management about what he could do. On returning, he said the manager had advised that I should order anything off the menu for the dollar amount of the Groupon but that alcohol could not be included.Taking him up on the offer, I ordered and ate a lot more than is really good for anyone. But, it was all excellent. Every dish was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. There was no overuse of salt as is so common in restaurant. The martini was served icy and not watered down with mixers. The helpful waiter (am so sorry I did not get his name) paired a lovely wine with my dinner. Although I ate on the patio (very nice), I peeked inside. It appeared decorated to be upscale with romantic lighting and very nice music (could have been live, I did not go in). At the conclusion of my meal, I awaited the bill for 2 martinis and a glass of wine. It never came. The waiter assured me that my bill was taken care of. I am positive that it was more than the amount I paid for the Groupon, especially with the bevarages.
This is a certain indication of a management that is concerned with the comfort and happiness of its patrons. My Groupon could have been accepted but the waiter and manager went beyond "normal" customer service to the "exceptional" level. Smart! Although I was in town for the weekend only, I have many friends in the area who have heard about my experience. And, I will be back next month with others in tow.

• Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Worth the price, great menu and food”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have great restaurants in Sarasota, but Cafe Ponte was worth the drive and the price. We each had steak (Strip and Filet), both were excellent. The amuses bouche was a mushroom soup that was outstanding, and I will order it next time for sure. Our waiter was professional and friendly, recommending the type of salt (black, volcanic?) that best suited my tuna appetizer. The menu had a variety of other choices, that left me wanting to come back--and we certainly will.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank FlaHockeyFan
Orlando, Florida, USA
“Best steak in a long time”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Love this restaurant.
The atmosphere once you step in is hip and modern and a great place for both a romantic dinner or a place to entertain business execs.
Had the filet mignon and it was easily the best steak I've had all year.
Also be sure to try the mushroom soup, it is delicious.
They also brought out a cold cucumber soup..or something like that as a taster and it too was incredible.
Absolutely best restaurant and meal in the area.
Do yourself a favor and eat there.

Visited April 2014
btravelling
“Not that good lunch, but very good service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Family visited for lunch, not all that impressed. Ordered couple BBQ short rib sandwiches and lunch combo special (soup, salad, sandwich). Nothing impressive about the lunch combo special. Lobster bisque for soup not that great barely any lobster (Recommend Salt n Pepper's bisque), Cesar salad and turkey sandwich was average. BBQ short rib fell very short of expectations with one major flaw - very dry. Otherwise service was very good, which bumped the rating to 3 out of 5. If purely a rating for the lunch food, 2 out of 5. Dinner may have been a better option based on the reviews, but was not willing to try based on the lunch experience.

1 Thank btravelling