“Creative cuisine plus cozy ambiance!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Ponte
Ranked #1 of 685 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Tampa, Florida
“Creative cuisine plus cozy ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

A hidden gem in Tampa Bay! The menu is to die for! The owner and chef have style and substance with reasonable prices. Make early bird reservations and beat the rush. Try the Maine lobster pot pie for a special meal! You will love this place. It does not disappoint!

• Visited April 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Celebrated my husband's birthday at Cafe Ponte. This was our second visit. We used a Groupon that we had purchased for the 6 course tasting menu. I must say that this is one of the best or the best restaurant that we have been to since relocating to Tampa Bay area 18 months ago. Ambiance is great, food excellent and great service. Our serve, Adam was the best. We went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was filled. I highly recommend Cafe Ponte.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Joscaf
“The closest thing to "French" in Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Having eaten here in the past for lunch we decided to return for dinner.
Wow!
The menu was imaginative, the service was excellent, the presentation was imaginative and very professional and the taste was outstanding.
Although Cafe Ponte is a little more expensive than most restaurants in the area, the whole dining experience was so good that we felt it was worth it.
I would have no hesitation in strongly recommending this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Service above and beyond the expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I purchased a Groupon (spring prix fixe tasting menu for 2) as I like to "try out" new restaurants this way before committing more money than a place may be worth. Unfortunately, on the night of the reservation, my husband could not attend. I went, alone, and presented the Groupon to the very nice waiter. He was concerned that I had paid for a prix fixe tasting dinner for two but only one would dine and promptly went off to speak to management about what he could do. On returning, he said the manager had advised that I should order anything off the menu for the dollar amount of the Groupon but that alcohol could not be included.Taking him up on the offer, I ordered and ate a lot more than is really good for anyone. But, it was all excellent. Every dish was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. There was no overuse of salt as is so common in restaurant. The martini was served icy and not watered down with mixers. The helpful waiter (am so sorry I did not get his name) paired a lovely wine with my dinner. Although I ate on the patio (very nice), I peeked inside. It appeared decorated to be upscale with romantic lighting and very nice music (could have been live, I did not go in). At the conclusion of my meal, I awaited the bill for 2 martinis and a glass of wine. It never came. The waiter assured me that my bill was taken care of. I am positive that it was more than the amount I paid for the Groupon, especially with the bevarages.
This is a certain indication of a management that is concerned with the comfort and happiness of its patrons. My Groupon could have been accepted but the waiter and manager went beyond "normal" customer service to the "exceptional" level. Smart! Although I was in town for the weekend only, I have many friends in the area who have heard about my experience. And, I will be back next month with others in tow.

• Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Worth the price, great menu and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have great restaurants in Sarasota, but Cafe Ponte was worth the drive and the price. We each had steak (Strip and Filet), both were excellent. The amuses bouche was a mushroom soup that was outstanding, and I will order it next time for sure. Our waiter was professional and friendly, recommending the type of salt (black, volcanic?) that best suited my tuna appetizer. The menu had a variety of other choices, that left me wanting to come back--and we certainly will.

• Visited May 2014