“Great food”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had dinner there 6-14-14. We were delighted that the food and service was as good as we remembered from previous visits. I had the pre fixe special rigatoni bolognasse with seared ocean scallops. My husband had lobster pot pie. We were not rushed, and each course was served in a timely manner

3  Thank Nanrn99

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Let me start off by recommending our waiter, Jeffrey. He deserves 5 stars for his style and service. The 6-course meal for 5 of us started at 7:45PM and went perfectly until the last dessert sampler at 11:00PM. Yes, those of you who prefer fast food should stick with Wendy's. The starter was a mousse bouche followed by a chilled soup with spicy corn chowder infusion. A light salad and cheese sampler followed before the main courses of petite filet and lobster. The house bread sampler was delicious as was each of the 6 pairings of wine before the dessert. Neither light on the diet nor the wallet but always a well deserved self indulgence, we recommend you try the Chef's sampler ($85) with the wine pairing ($35).

2  Thank tarstmartin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were invited by a friends froma company for a lunch during a visit to Tampa.

i had a lobster sandwich. My partner had salad with steak, one of the guys had a burguer and a salad.

Mine was excellent, end everything looked great.

Excellent set ups and superb service.

Will recomend and go again.

1  Thank dgeronimopo
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Cafe Ponte to celebrate a grduation. Everything was fantastic. The service was professional and attentive. The bread choices were really nice, with a broad and tasty selection of breads. The complementary musroom soup was a nice addition to our appetizer portion of the meal, which included beef carpaccio, lobster and crab cakes and foie gras. Main courses of beef ribeye for two, scallops and bouillabaisse were cooked to perfection and served beautifully. Dessert for us was a tasting of 3, each of which was unique and a nice conclusion to the meal, especially when coupled with espresso. My wife had the wine pairing with her meal and the selections were solid. I split a bottle of wine with two others and their only shiraz on the wine list was quite good.

1  Thank 1goirish
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my first time at Cafe Ponte and I have to say, I loved everything about this restaurant. Our server was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu.The best Filet Mignon I have ever had.Presentation was beautiful and very appealing. The desserts were wonderful and creative.Cozy upscale atmosphere. Would recommend to everyone!